TTC after 35

Antibiotics & sperm

My dh is very sick & may be needing to visit the dr for some medicine (probably Amoxacillian).  Does anyone know if it is damaging to sperm???  I finally got him to the point of full throttle on TTGP and now he is sick as a dog.  Go figure! The poor soul had to make a donation for his SA this morning.  I called them yesterday to make sure it was ok & the nurse said that as long as he didn't have a fever (100 or higher) than it was ok that he was sick & on cold medicine - it would not affect the sa.  I just hope that if he does end up on prescribed medicine that it is safe...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Antibiotics & sperm

• not sure about medicine... so sorry though.  I was concerned my DH had the flu with fever (102ish) last month and I was all worried about his  count this month for our IUI... it was all ok in the end. his numbers were the same as previous time.
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• I'm not a doctor but I don't think it's damaging to sperm. In fact, my husband had issues with his sperm clumping and he was given a sperm culture test (different than the analysis). They found some sort of bacteria, gave him antibiotics, and his next semen sample sky rocketed. So in his case, the antibiotics helped! Additionally, I am doing IVF this cycle and my husband has been prescribed an antibiotic to take 6 days before he has to give in the sperm sample to meet the eggs being retrieved.  

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the info.  I would hate to hurt our odds, but he does need to get better.  Maybe they will help our odds :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hope he starts to feel better soon, so you guys can get back to business!  Lol.
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"