LGBT Parenting

New Just Need Sound boards

Hi Ppl,

I am new to both the TTC world> My husband and I (who happens to be a transgender) are TTC and I found this website from getting ready for our wedding and decided that I would use it for when we decided to conceive. This will hopefully be a lifesaver because tis hard enough being here but trying to understand what happens and how Im supposed to do things makes it harder. So please HELP! My husband scares me sometimes because some days he is very excited about conceiving but then other days he has questions and is not so sure. I understand that they as fathers have problems too but it makes my head spin sometimes. So if anyone has any advice please feel free to offer it.

thank in advance

Re: New Just Need Sound boards

• Hey there, welcome! I don't have any advice, but I'm sure if you have specific questions there are those around here with more experience with a situation similar to yours who can help out. You'll find this board is very welcoming and friendly, stick around!
  • Hey - Welcome!

My partner and I had to sit down ourselves one day and really deliberately navigate those questions about TTC and our fears/hopes related to it.  We brainstormed a list of questions about what we were hoping, excited, scared about - and how we felt about certain things (donors, carrying babies, etc...)...   Then we sat down one day and had a conversation about our answers for each question, one by one -- and used that to figure out where we were on the same page, and what we needed to think about more.   It was really helpful for us, and we have friends who we sent the list to who also used it and loved the process as well.

Good luck.  I know that locally here as well there is a small, but growing community of trans parents and trans people who want to parent that are sharing information and support, in addition to an active LGBTQ parenting community -- maybe there is something local as well that you can hook up with for resources around that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• Loading the player...
  • Hello and welcome! I can tell you that it took a long time for my partner to decide what she wanted in terms of parenthood. I have always wanted children, and she just wasn't sure, so we had a few deep and meaningful's where I told her that I could live without having a child, but I needed her to clearly tell me that so that I could grieve and move on. She eventually decided, with no prompting from me, that she would be willing to have children too. It started off very much as her doing it 'for me' but she is now very excited about it all. I found that some honest no-pressure conversation worked for us. 

Every couple/relationship is different, so I hope that you both find your place of comfort and can enjoy the journey together. Good luck, and please update us! This is such a friendly place, and I think we all like to hear about other people's story and journey. 

IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• Welcome! TTC is such a roller coaster, and I think it's natural that some days a partner might feel unsure. Talking it out is pretty important, though, because it's way too easy to feel isolated from each other in this process.

Good luck!  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome to this board.  The women are great and very helpful about a lot of different types of things.  

My advice to you is to have open communication about TTC and obviously anything else.  There are going to be days of doubt, atleast in my opinion.  My wife and I have talked about TTC for 3 years and we just started two months ago.  Life gets messy and stressful, there will never be a perfect time.  But there can be a good time.  Find out what is holding your husband back and address those issues.  

I hope that helps a little.  Best of luck to you both!! 

T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• I guess the consensus here is: communication.  I totally agree.

On another point, I've found that while my wife and I are 100% sure we want to embark on this journey, we still have our days of questioning and worrying.  We try to take these doubts as a natural part of the process, and we don't let every niggling fear derail us.  We talk it out, regroup, and move forward.

Welcome.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"