Health & Exercise
Options

Bodypump

Has anyone continued to do bodypump after finding out they are pregnant?  

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Bodypump

• Options
    Personally no but many women in my gym did. I just preferred free weights but its totally doable pregnant.  The supine stuff like triceps and bench press will need modifying
  • Options
    Yes. I just incline the bench for chest and tri work and skip abs.  I go a lot lighter on the weights as well.  There is an online guide for pregnancy mods.  I think this is one of the most pregnancy friendly workouts out there!  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I did in the beginning up until a week ago at 11 wks pg.  I over did it with squats and weights and ended up having some spotting.  Both baby and I are happy and healthy but be sure and watch your weights closely.

After Monday, OB will release me to return to workouts.. I will just have to be a lot more choosy in the amount of weight.

Good Luck!!

• Options
    I did it until about 16 weeks. It was hard to make the 5:30 am wakeup call and I was having a hard time (mentally) using lighter weights. I miss BP and can't wait to get back into after the baby is here!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"