VBAC

Violet's birth- a successful vbac story

I went into labor on Monday night right after dinner and it came super fast. My contractions were a few minutes apart by 9 pm and the most horrible pain I had ever experienced, so we packed up Will and dropped him off at my parents and headed to the hospital. When I got there I was 4 cms, then 6.5 a couple hours later when I finally was able to get the epi. After 3 failed attempts at it, they finally succeeded, other than the fact that my left leg was completely numb and the other not at all. But I was feeling so good, I was able to nap for a couple more hours. I woke about 3 am and was at 9.5 cms. They told me I could push whenever I felt the urge, my water broke on its own around this time. About an hour later I started, and 45 minutes later she arrived! Coolest thing ever, I'm so glad I did the vbac.

My doctor had told me I would have internal monitors and such, but when I got to the hospital, I got the on call doc and she was totally laid back, no monitors or anything special for my Vbac.  I loved her.   The hospital stay was awful though, and it was just stressful to be there with people in and out all night, so we went home Wednesday morning. 

William born 9/7/07
Violet Mae born 1/15/13
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Violet's birth- a successful vbac story

• Congrats!  Thanks for sharing your story!

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Awesome!  I wish they hadn't insisted on monitoring me.  It was such a PITA to keep the monitor on the baby constantly.  It really prevented me from being in the positions that felt the best.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats!!!!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Congrats - it's great to hear a great VBAC story - especially those in hospitals.  It gives great hope.  

I have friends who turned to at-home births b/c they really wanted the vbac and maybe felt their c/s were pushed on them in the hospitals.  I felt more comfortable with the hospital environment - and too was successful, and hope/expect to have a 2nd vbac this summer. 

Congrats again!   I love the name Violet!  

• I too hated the constant adjusting of the damn bands around my belly to keep the heartbeat - I don't know where I got the patience to not bite the nurse's head off on the bazillionth time she came in to readjust me as I was moaning and writhing in pain.  I never knew about the internal option  I'll have to look into that this time.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"