Trying to Get Pregnant

Clomid ovidrel success?

I am on day 3 of my menstrual cycle and my dr recommended taking 50mg of Clomid today for 5 days, then meeting him again next Tuesday to see if my body responded and follicules are forming.. Then the following week 1st week of feb he will be doing my ovidrel injection and performing an IUI with n husbands sperm. We are both under 30 and have good health and I would like to hear successful stories and how the process was for others. I'm very excited :

Re: Clomid ovidrel success?

• Can you please tell us a bit more?

What made your doc decide to do an IUI? Since you are under 30 and healthy, I assume you have been trying for 1+ years?

I am also going to make the assumption that by "in good health" means that you both have been fully tested (esp you haveing a HSG) before planning to go this route.

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
  • I have poly cystic ovarian syndrome. I only ovulate from one ovary and I don't ovulate every month. I have had ultasounds, blood work and my husband has also had a sperm count.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageJpursell26:
    I have poly cystic ovarian syndrome. I only ovulate from one ovary and I don't ovulate every month. I have had ultasounds, blood work and my husband has also had a sperm count.

Ok, good. Did you have a HSG to make sure your tubes are open? If not, please get one done before taking the meds & read this:

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/37113868.aspx

If you did have it, just make sure you are monitered closely (more than once when you start taking the meds). Clomid & other IF meds can make PCOS worse. Your doc will need to watch to make sure to stop you if (s)he sees it happening.

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
  • Yes Xray with the dye
  • imageJpursell26:
    Yes Xray with the dye
    Ok, good...just making sure ! Just make sure you get plenty of ultrasounds once you start the meds. Since clomid (and other meds) can cause cysts, in general, having PCOS just means you have more of a chance of that happening.

As for your original question, I have had no success with clomid + ovidrel + IUI...sorry ! Everyone is different, though, and clomid is the cheapest med so it is worth at least giving it a try.

• imageMrs. Mo:

imageJpursell26:
    Yes Xray with the dye
    Ok, good...just making sure ! Just make sure you get plenty of ultrasounds once you start the meds. Since clomid (and other meds) can cause cysts, in general, having PCOS just means you have more of a chance of that happening.

As for your original question, I have had no success with clomid + ovidrel + IUI...sorry ! Everyone is different, though, and clomid is the cheapest med so it is worth at least giving it a try.

Thank you for the information. I'd rather get useful information like what you supplied since I have never done this before. It's good to know risks etc. thanks for your replies!
  • Also, can you get pregnant with just Clomid or does it have to be partnered with ovidrel?
  • imageJpursell26:
    Also, can you get pregnant with just Clomid or does it have to be partnered with ovidrel?

The ovidrel is used so that they can force you to ovulate and also time the IUI.

ETA: So, yes, you "can" just use the clomid but it's better to use the ovidrel as well.

Also, you may want to check out the "Trouble-TTC" board since most of those ladies are doing the same type of treatments that you are.

• You can definitely get pregnant with just clomid and intercourse (no ovidrel or IUI needed unless indicated by your husband's sperm count or other reasons).
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ask on the Pregnant after IF or Success after IF board if you are looking for success stories.

I got pregnant with Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI but it ended in an ectopic. The drugs did work technically, though.  

Search Boards
"
"