December 2011 Moms
Options

how many times do you....

Sign incident reports at DC?  I swear, I get one a week.  LO has started RUNNING and he puts his arms straight out behind him like he's trying to fly.  He is constantly tripping over his own feet.  I actually got a call this AM from DC that he fell and hit his head pretty hard so they are watching him closely just in case.  I'm leaving early to go get him just in case I decide it's bad enough to see his doctor.  They said he cried for a pretty good while, but has been doing ok the rest of the day.  

I wonder if this means he will not inherit my good coordination and athletic ability, LOL!

Re: how many times do you....

• Options
    We've only gotten a couple, the worst being getting bitten on the check that left a terrible tooth marked bruise for days.

At home I feel like he bumps his head more, maybe more room to roam. He also has started injuring himself with his lone tooth by tripping and cutting his lip and then last night biting his hand while shoveling in Cheerios. Glad that kids are so resilient!!!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageBlueCards:
    We've only gotten a couple, the worst being getting bitten on the check that left a terrible tooth marked bruise for days. At home I feel like he bumps his head more, maybe more room to roam. He also has started injuring himself with his lone tooth by tripping and cutting his lip and then last night biting his hand while shoveling in Cheerios. Glad that kids are so resilient!!!

Yeah, he usually bounces back just fine.  He's one of the youngest in the room now, so I think he feels the need to try to keep up with the bigger kids. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We don't do daycare, but if we did, we would be signing them every day, I'm sure! The boys are so rough with each other and LO tries to keep up and ends up falling over his own feet every few minutes. Both of the boys legs stay bruised up from climbing and falling over everything! I'm always worried that when I take them to the Dr, the Dr will ask if I abuse them or file some sort of report! I mentioned it once to her when she made a comment about a big bruise on my oldest one's leg, and she said, 'oh, you should see my little boy! I'm ashamed for him to wear shorts!' Lol it made me feel a little better!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It goes in phases...  DD inherited my DH's ability to trip over her own toenail...  DD's middle name is definitely NOT Grace!  So yes, you may from time to time be signing them more frequently than you think you should.  HOWEVER, if it seems like it's getting to be a problem and you're also observing it outside of DC as well, I would suggest bringing it up with your Ped. because of balance problems can sometimes mean something else needs to be attended to (i.e. ear infection, vertigo, inner ear problems, etc.)..
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've signed maybe 5 or 6.  3 because another baby "bit" her (she hardly had marks), and 2 or 3 because she bumped her head (once she fell on their outdoor play structure).
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"