Babies: 9 - 12 Months

10 Month Sleep Regression? OR Will we ever sleep again?

DS is just shy of 10 months.  He's been waking in the night and will not go back to sleep for 1-2 hours.  Two nights I've brought him into our bed as a last resort.  This isn't ideal but I get up for work at 3:45 AM...desperate times call for desperate measures, right?  

Anyway, he's waking up and standing in his crib SCREAMING.  Like blood curdling screams.  Nothing helps.  Rocking, Nursing, Rubbing his back, check-ins...  He's not teething, not sick.

I am at a loss.  I'm exhausted.  I snapped at my husband last night and then cried with my DS.... Anyone live through something like this, advice? (I'm being a little dramatic,  but seriously!) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 10 Month Sleep Regression? OR Will we ever sleep again?

• Yup, it's pretty common and it sucks. My STTN-since-7-week old baby started waking several times a night for almost a month starting right around 9 months. We were spoiled for so long, it nearly killed us. We're finally almost back to normal in the last couple of weeks. For us, he had a bad cold/cough, popped 4 teeth, grew an inch and learned to crawl, cruise and stand in about a 2 week period. I talked to the pedi about it and he said there can often be a sleep regression during this period because they're learning so many new skills and becoming even more aware of their surroundings, making it hard to sleep with all that brain activity!

Could your son also be hungry for some of those night wakings? My son hasn't eaten at night since 7/8 weeks and during that really intense 2 week period, he woke up a few nights in a row just ravenous, taking in close to 14 ounces of formula each night. A few days later, he was an inch taller so he was eating to fuel the growth spurt!

• Thanks, I figured it was a phase. He's cruising big time and pulling himself up on everything.  I nurse him in the night usually any time he wakes (not a big deal since it's usually only once)  and I nursed him the last few nights so I don't think it's hunger.  

This too shall pass. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"