Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Teething Necklace?

Who has heard of it? Who has tried one? How is it? Can my 5 month old use one? How does it work really?

Any one with info i need help! Teething is kicking my butt!

Thank you!

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

Re: Teething Necklace?

• I wear one occasionally. It's a hard silicone consistency. Since DD can now grab what she wants and put them in her mouth it's nice to have, although it makes me covered in drool.

She also has an amber necklace that is supposed to help with teething pains etc, we just make sure it's off for naps and sleep. Honestly I can't tell a huge difference in her pain/attitude with it vs without it

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Are you talking about necklaces they chew on, or the amber teething necklaces?

The ones they chew on are the ones you wear. They're made of medical grade silicone (so they're totally safe for chewing/sucking/whatever) and they're usually a ring or a shape on the necklace.

The amber teething necklaces are for the baby to wear. They're not meant to be chewed on, but rather to calm them down. They are supposed to fit tight enough that the baby won't see it and want to play with it, but obviously not to tight that they're really snug. They have calming oils that are released from the amber when it's next to a baby's warm skin. I've heard they work wonders from every customer who sets foot in my store. They weren't really popular when my son was young, so all I really have to go off of is customer feedback.

Hopefully that helps! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • A friend bought me the silicone teething necklace, and my dd loves to cew on it. TBH, I'm not a huge fan, but maybe because she got me hot pink, and it's nothing I would ever wear. I mainly give it to her when she's in her high hair to keep her occupied while I'm trying to cook. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic C 5.14.08 c 8.9.12 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • If you are talking about the silicone necklaces, they are amazing. I try to always wear it if I am wearing him or carrying him on my hip. He grabs it and shoves the beads in his mouth. I'm not even sure if he's teething or not but he wants everything in his mouth.
    Pregnancy Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Where do you buy one?
    nilu129
  • i can recommend these. our daughter was an absolute nightmare with her teeth until we tried this. she has been wearing it since she was 8 months old and we haven't looked back since. i never take hers off, she sleeps with it on too. i have heard from a few people that take their lo's necklaces off at night and they all say that they still get sleepless nights due to teething. i think that they should be worn 24hrs a day. i feel quite happy that they are not a choking hazard. the necklace has a low breaking strain so if it had to get caught on something(an unlikely occurence) then it would snap. if it were to snap for any reason, each bead has been double knotted on, so that they wouldn't all fall off. i got mine off an Latvian Amber Store. it was $10.50, so not expensive at all. https://www.latvianamberstore.com/#ecwid:category=2072066&mode=category&offset=0&sort=addedTimeDesc
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"