Multiples

Development milestones for multiples born at 36 weeks

When did your babies hit some of the early milestones like smiling, sleeping through the night, and rolling over if they were born at or around 36 weeks?  

We'll be 7 weeks on Monday, and both have accidentally rolled over.  No real smiles yet (just cute practicing in their sleep still). 

Identical twin girls born via c-section 12/3/12 Son born 3/26/08

Re: Development milestones for multiples born at 36 weeks

• Mine were 35w4d. Smiles were around 2 months, and my one without spina bifida was just a little off the curve for things like rolling and sitting. Claire STTN at 3 months, Etta still has one nighttime bottle. 

Untitled

Etta Jane and Claire Elaine are here! Born March 28, 2012.

my blog

What it's like to cloth diaper twins, Part I.

Cloth diapering twins, Part II.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our girls were born at 35w6d. First real smiles around 2 months. M was a very early roller at 6 weeks. Slept through the night at 4 months. First teeth at 5 months. Crawling at 9 months and 10 months. Walking at 14 months and 15 months. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • We saw the beginnings of social smiles around five weeks. DS1 started smiling all the time around eight or nine weeks (it seemed like he would smile for everyone but me!), while DS2 started doing it consistently at six weeks. DS1 started rolling all the time (belly to back) at three months. DS2 has done it two times (he is just shy of four months). Around six weeks, they started sleeping five hour stretches, but we had been told to wake them for night feedings before that. Since 3 months, they have been sleeping from 8pm-3am/ 4am. We have pushed them to sleep to morning a couple of times, but found they sleep much better if we just go ahead and feed them at 3am. After that, they will sleep until 7am. 
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• Mine were born at 34 weeks and have been hitting milestones maybe a week behind all the full term babies in their October birth month group. They started smiling around 7-8 weeks, sleeping 5-7 hour stretches at 8 weeks and just started rolling over from stomach to back at 12 weeks.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Mine were born at 37 Weeks.

They smiled at 8 weeks, STTN at about 8 weeks, my daughter rolled belly to back around 4 months and rolled back to belly around 5.5 months (my son was just the opposite and went back to belly first), sat unsupported at around 7 months, talked (dada, mama, baba, etc.) at 7 months. 

One is always just a day or two ahead or behind the other on most milestones.  Still no teeth and neither of them are crawling yet (they just turned 8 months old), but they are trying really hard, so I figure in the next week or two they'll have it figured out.  They're also still not pulling up to stand, but they're starting to try.  Those are all the big milestones I can think of at the moment.  Oh, they also were using sippy cups by about 6 months.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ours were 36 weeks and pretty much hit them all according to their real age. DD crawled kind of late but walked like a month later a little over a year and DS was slow to speak a lot of words b/w 18 & 22 months but just before 2 years exploded, and I don't attribute any of that to gestational age.
  • Mine were born at 35.6, we also had late smilers, I was pretty worried but they came at about 10/11 weeks?  It's all a little blurry back then, they sttn (breastfed) at 10 weeks, they are now 8 months and are not crawling yet.  Sitting up didn't get very stable until about 7 months, rolling was slow coming, maybe 6  months?  They have been consistently about a month behind kids their age but I know they will get there on their own time. :)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Ours were born at 36 wks and I wondered this too.  So far they seem like they're on track.  Last night they slept 7 hours for the 1st time.  Not sure if it will happen tonight, but it was nice last night. They started to smile this week (they're 8 weeks).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"