Preemies

Looks like baby 2 will not be a preemie after all. Thanks all!

Well, it's the eve of my 37 week milestone. I realize that my DD was a late-term preemie so this doesn't seem like a huge difference, but it was a big goal of mine and I'm feeling really happy right now. After having preterm labor scares this time around at 33 and 35 weeks I was feeling pretty sure that I'd be discharged without my baby this time around, too. It seemed like everyone I know IRL who had an early baby had an even earlier one the next time so I had a hard time feeling optimistic.

I've been on restricted activity for weeks and I guess it worked! Even though my cervix was 50% effaced at 33 weeks I am still pregnant! Also, they were concerned about potential IUGR but based on the last 2 growth U/S they have decided that baby girl is petite but growing adequately so they are no longer worried about that. My blood pressure was quite high at my last appoint but no protein so hopefully it was just a fluke.

Thanks again to everyone for your support with both DD and this current pregnancy. I wish you all the best with your LOs and any future LOs as well! 

Re: Looks like baby 2 will not be a preemie after all. Thanks all!

• Congratulations! When I was pregnant with DS, I think my BP rose from nerves alone between weeks 20 and 27--then once we got out of micropreemie stage, I relaxed a little. Then a little more once we got to 34 weeks, then 36 when I was done with the shots and then finally 37. I couldn't believe I had made it to full-term.

I loved being pregnant this time, but pregnancy after preemie is definitely stressfu.. I'm glad it worked out for you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yea, congrats!!!

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats on making it to term   My LO was also a late term preemie and I will be getting 17p shots next time.   I hope to make it at least at far as you! 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats on hitting term! 
  • Congrats!

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• I love reading updates like this. This gives all the other mama real hope for a full term pregnancy. Please check in after you have LO (if you have time!).

• Congrats! My DS1 was 6 weeks early, went into labor a day shy of 33wks.. And I am so nervous how things will go this time around. I'm currently 20wks and really hoping this next little guy doesn't come earlier! Anyway congrats that is such great news!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"