Detroit Babies
Options

what hospital should l deliver at?

My DR said l can choose between these two:

Henry Ford Clinton twp. OR St. John on moross.

l think l prefer Henry Ford because of location and l heard its not a great hospital....any moms deliver at either of these places and have a review for me? 

Re: what hospital should l deliver at?

• Options

I delivered both of my children at St John on Moross.  Both times it was a wonderful experience.  I had my own birthing suite that you stay in for your entire stay at the hospital(labor, delivery and recovery).  The rooms are spacious with a glider and a long couch( if your husband wants to stay the night with you), table/chair, TV, full bathroom with tub.  St John's also has an NICU at that location, so if there are any complications they don't have to transport the newborn anywhere.    

Take a tour of both locations before you make a decision.

• Options
    I just delivered at St. John moross and can second everything that the previous poster said above. I had a great experience there. The staff was great and I liked the fact they had an nicu unit right there if we needed it. I would deliver another baby there in a heartbeat.
    BabyFruit Ticker image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I delivered at Henry Ford Macomb. The things that I complained about really didn't matter now that I think back almost a year later. I had a fantastic experience with my planned c-section, my doctor was amazing and my room was really nice. It had a fold out twin bed (which was a chair and a half when not folded out) for DH, plus a recliner and a rocking chair. My first room had a spa tub, but my second room only had a shower, but it was still really nice.

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

• Options
    do either of these hospitals have a tub in the room for you to start your labor in? not a water birth just one for pain management/relaxation 
  • Options

imagerrrogers2012:
    do either of these hospitals have a tub in the room for you to start your labor in? not a water birth just one for pain management/relaxation 

St. John had regular tubs in the rooms, but once your water breaks, they won't let you soak in the tub.  I did use the shower to manage pain, but I eventually got an epidural and was confined to the bed. 

My only complaint about St. John was that they said you could walk around during labor and that they had portable monitors.  But when it came time for me to try to walk around to manage my pain, they told me I had to lay down to be monitored.  They couldn't find a portable monitor that worked...I was not happy about this because I was planning to try to go med free.  I ended up deciding that since I was confined to the bed and coudln't manage my pain the way I had planned, I would get the epi.  Everything turned out fine, and the rooms and nurses were very nice.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"