Maryland Babies

bittersweet bedtime milestone

Last night DD didn't want any songs after reading.  We've been doing 2 books and the same 3 songs every night for since she was 18 months.  Around Christmas, she started complaining about the songs and wanted to do new songs - mostly Christmas songs and now, she's over those so I've been doing show tunes and John Denver songs!  Anyway, last night she said no songs after we were done reading.  I asked if she wanted me to stay in her room for a few minutes while she fell asleep, so I did!  Hopefully, we'll sing again tonight but oh, I guess they do grow up so fast!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: bittersweet bedtime milestone

• Awwwww, that's so sweet but also a little sad! Sydney is still totally into the Christmas songs. We sing rudolph or frosty every morning while brushing teeth. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • D1 stopped us from singing around 3 years old.  First she didn't want DH to sing to her and then she stopped me too.  :(

Oddly, last night she wanted me to sing to her, I did a shortened version of the old song (we sing goodnight to everyone in the family and I just did the immediate fam) and she was happy until she got into bed and told me "You forgot a whole bunch of people."

I'll be sad when she doesn't want to rock anymore, we have had some good talks right before bed while rocking in the glider.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"