Parenting

So, I have an ovarian cyst....

I was having severe pain with some other symptoms last week, ended up in the ER, then had to follow up with my primary.  Ended up having to have emergency blood tests and a cat scan.

They called with my results today and I have a 2.3 cm ovarian cyst on my left ovary.  They say they are pretty common and most times take care of themselves.  I have to follow up with my OBGYN on Friday afternoon.  I was just curious if any of you ladies have an experience with it.  Any advice, suggestions or what I should expect, would be awesome.  We were planning on TTC in July, so it is kind of worrying me. 

I have a bunch of questions for the doctor on Friday, but waiting three days without any information is going to drive me nuts!  TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: So, I have an ovarian cyst....

• I had one, same place, same size, right at the start of this pregnancy. MW said they are common after conception because that is the ovary that has dropped the egg. It went away on it's own. I could not take Ibuprofen so if you can then I would take that! Good luck.

I'm going to school to become a midwife! 
    You can follow my journey here: http://midwife101.wordpress.com
  • I get them and only one burst and caused quite a bit of pain.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a 10cm one on my left ovary during a previous pregnancy.  It took care of itself, thank goodness, I was due for surgery if it didn't.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No experience with this, but wanted to say I'm sorry you guys have to deal with this. :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I used to get functional ovarian cysts all the time, back to back it would seem.  There isn't much that can be done for them, and they usually do resolve on their own.  Because I was getting them all the flipping time, I ended up having a few laparoscopic (I probably spelled that wrong) procedures to try to correct whatever was causing them.  The doc singed the area where the cysts were occurring the most, and I had a D&C.  I don't think I've developed a single cyst after that (at least, not large enough to cause me discomfort).  The doc said the largest one I had was about the size of a golf ball and *$%#@ there were times it was very painful.  I can't imagine having one the size of a grapefruit!

• Thanks, ladies.  I appreciate you sharing your experiences.  It's made me feel a little better about it.  DH and I really want to try for another baby this year.  I guess that is my biggest fear.  I just keep reminding myself, even if that does happen, we do have DS, who is awesome, healthy and amazing!

• I was having constant pain around where my left ovary was for quite some time. When I got an ultrasound to check it out, there was fluid left over and she said it more than likely recently burst. I conceived DS2 the next cycle. I still get pains here and there, I just take some Advil and it seems to help.
    A: 10.02.03     

M: 01.28.11 
  • I had a pretty large one after DS that was found by accident when they did an ultrasound to confirm placement of my Mirena.  Apparently Mirena is a risk factor for developing them.  It went away on its own and hasn't caused me any problems.
  • imageashleysyn2:
    Do you know what kind of cyst it is?  I have a dermoid cyst in one of my ovaries.  Don't google image it.  It didn't affect my reproduction at all.

My mom and DH have told me to stay off of Google and the internet.  Ha.

I do not know yet.  I am hoping to find out more about it on Friday.  I just needed some information/advice, etc on it or I would go crazy in the next three days.

• My RE found a large one when were TTC DD. We had it removed and two weeks later we conceived DD. So getting it out may actually help!
  • Do you know if they make you wait for the cyst to go away before you TTC?  I am just concerned it may take a while to go awhile or never go away.

• I actually have a cyst right now at least I am pretty sure I do. Horrible achy pain on my left side with sharp pains. I get them every few months.

About 6 years ago I had one so bad that was leaking fluid and it was horribly painful. After being so sick for a day and fever and throwing up, the docs thought it was my appendix. Emergency surgery and they found the cyst. It was big and the leaking makes it worse. Fluid was gathering and causing the pain.

Mine get big and instead of bursting they leak. Its painful I wont lie. I have pcos and endometreosis so the doc said mine are probably endometrial and complex.

Hopefully yours is just a functional one that will go away quickly. Some people get them after conceiving and they go away a few weeks later. I had a healthy pregnancy with my son. I had to have internal ultrasounds every month to check up on it but thats it.

GOod Luck

My mom 10/8/1959-10/31/2011 image Dylan image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"