August 2013 Moms

Belly all the sudden flat??

Hey Everyone,

I am currently 11 weeks and 5 days. I have been so worried the last 2 days because something just feels wrong. Prior to this week if I rolled onto my stomach I would feel a little hard bulge in my stomach as if I was laying on something. All the sudden 2 days ago I feel completely normal, its as if I am not even pregnant? Has this happened to anyone else around this time? My appointment is tomorrow and I am terrified something might be wrong. Do you think its possible my uterus has just shifted farther back into my stomach. Its so strange.

Thanks for all the help!

Re: Belly all the sudden flat??

• I don't think you need to worry because I don't think you were feeling your uterus yet. It's not something you'll feel in your stomach, especially this early. Rather, when you first start to feel your uterus it's just above your pubic bone, as it starts to rise up above there you start to feel it like just a tightness in a muscle. This doesn't usually happen until 12-14 weeks and is much lower than your stomach, it's really in your pubic region. I think whatever you've been feeling up until now in your stomach has been bloat or tense muscle.

But of course I can't diagnose you online. Ask your doctor to be sure. 

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Thank you for your reply. I called the doctor today. I really hope everything is okay, its just scary when all the sudden everything that you had once felt before is completely gone. :( I am praying everything is ok!

Thanks again for your reply, I really appreciate it.

• Loading the player...
  • it's really possible what you're feeling is bloat. Some days I look like I have a little baby bump and others I look the same as before. If this is your first, 11 weeks could be really early to be seeing a "bump" that's not bloat coming and going. Hopefully you're doctor can give you some peace of mind.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• Thank you!

I just got off the phone with my doctors office and they officially think I am nuts. lol no joke. I just wish that I could just peak inside my belly and see that everything is just fine. I have been feeling cramping and no bloating or belly at all. I am just an extreme worrier. Hopefully my doctor can put my mind at ease tomorrow.

• I was feeling like something was wrong before my first us. Just think positively, the way I calm myself when I don't feel pregnant anymore is: if there's no bleeding or major pain, your baby is doing good. Your body will give you signs, for now just try and talk to your baby and keep as calm as you can regardless of the challenge it is to be that way!
  • Maybe your bloating has subsided?

I think its natural to think there is something wrong when you suddenly feel different than you are used to.

I'm 11 weeks 3 days and am not really showing, sometimes I feel like I should be when other people are, but we are all different.  I'm always reminding myself of this all the time!

Try and relax as best you can :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you for all of the positive feedback. I really appreciate it. I come here all the time and read all the different posts just trying to make myself feel better.
  • I can button my pants again this week- totally thankful- not at all worried lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Even if something was wrong your uterus wouldn't be noticably different until after the baby was expelled, meaning you'd be bleeding heavily and probably cramping before you noticed any changes.

You've probably been bloated and now you're not. Last week I couldn't button my pants for anything, I'm talking a two inch gap between the button and the hole! Suddenly one morning I woke up and my pants were back to normal, still a bit tight but definitely easily buttoned.

Our bodies are going to keep doing weird things. All part of the fun!

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• My first thought was, did you poop?

I get that pregnancy can be confusing and worrisome, but if you're this worried about the shape of your stomach now, you're going to have a long pregnancy. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am really sorry about your first loss. I can't imagine how challenging that would be. Second. . . CONGRATS on being pregnant again! =) I thought about getting a doppler as well, which I think I might just do because I know all this worrying isn't helping me any. It would just be nice to have that reassurance when I am feeling nervous.

Thanks for the nice feedback!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"