December 2010 Moms

DS cries EVERY time he goes to bed?

He screams for about 15 min, up to 30 min almost EVERY night after we put him to bed. Doesn't matter who puts him down, he sleeps with 2 blankies and recently a stuffed lion as well. He has a blue dim night light and the monitor night light. Thoughts?
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: DS cries EVERY time he goes to bed?

• Maybe its just a phase.  Griff went through something like that a few weeks ago and it lasted maybe a week.  It was weird.  Even if I stayed with him he would freak out and cry.  Its very frustrating!
  • Does he say why? I know that's the obvious question, but T would do this for a while too. He was crying and saying he was hungry when we knew he was not. It took a few days but we realized he wanted to walk down the hall by himself. In hindsight, it should have been easier to figure out, but it was hard to make the connection. GL!
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome to our world. We're going on about 2 months of bedtime (and nap time) hell. DS used to go straight to sleep - we were in & out of his room in about 30 seconds. Now we have to stay in his room until well after he falls asleep or else we are subject to his wrath. He wakes in the middle of the night, too.

Our explanation for it is a culmination of things: a new sister, teething, being sick, toddler bed conversion, time of nap change & most recently, starting day care. I hope to God he goes back to the way he was soon b/c we are beyond exhausted. I'm sure he'll be back to normal just in time for setting the clocks ahead this spring & then he'll be screwed up all over againTongue Tied

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Ugh Bosha! We don't have it quite that bad... He does STTN thank god. No teeth that I know of, still in the crib, no other changes! I could try asking him, but don't know if he'll get it!! I just wish I knew why... Breaks my heart!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • How long has he been doing it?  Forever or is it recently, like the last week or month?
    photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • imagedee12807:
    Does he say why? I know that's the obvious question, but T would do this for a while too. He was crying and saying he was hungry when we knew he was not. It took a few days but we realized he wanted to walk down the hall by himself. In hindsight, it should have been easier to figure out, but it was hard to make the connection. GL!

This is so true. Sometimes Griff would yell at me at the beginning of naptime and then point to the door. At first I thought he wanted to leave the room. Then I figured out he wanted *me* to leave the room lol.
  • DS goes through phases like this. It also depends on how tired he is. If he is actually tired he welcomes the crib. If he is not that tired he will REALLY resist. Basically, if he had a nap that day he will struggle. If he did not nap, bedtime is easier. Yes, DS is acting like he's dropping that nap....

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"