February 2012 Moms

If you have transitioned/are transitioning to WCM..

Did you or are you noticing a change in LO's poop?

For the past week Audra has been getting 50/50 bottles of formula/WCM. Since we have started that I have noticed that her poop seems a lot looser (I wouldn't call it diarrhea) and A LOT stinkier. The color is also different. I was worried about possible lactose intolerance but she tolerates all other dairy products and hasn't had a problem with the WCM before when it was in her sippy at meals. Also, Baby Center said that it was highly unlikely for a toddler to have lactose intolerance as it doesn't show up until grade school ages.

I did a google search and it seemed as if other parents have experienced this with their LO's but I wanted to see if any of my fellow 212 Moms have an experience/insight. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

BFP #1 6-8-11 EDD 2-19-12. DD born 2-3-12 via induction due to pre-e.
BFP #2 9-7-13 EDD 5-22-14. It's a GIRL! DD#2 is on her way.

Re: If you have transitioned/are transitioning to WCM..

• As they get older, Are eating more solids, wcm ect. Their poop will change. It's been happening with dd and the same thing happened to DS as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was told by my pedi to do 2% milk first and then switch to WCM b/c whole is so much more fatty than what they usually get.  Makes sense, but I had never heard that before
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageCotterpinDoozer:
    I was told by my pedi to do 2% milk first and then switch to WCM b/c whole is so much more fatty than what they usually get.  Makes sense, but I had never heard that before

I've never heard that either. It does make sense though. Maybe it's the extra fat content that's making her poop so much different and stinkier haha. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

BFP #1 6-8-11 EDD 2-19-12. DD born 2-3-12 via induction due to pre-e.
    BFP #2 9-7-13 EDD 5-22-14. It's a GIRL! DD#2 is on her way.
  • We are doing 50/50 WCM and Formula too. We just started this week. E's poop has been getting more solid. She was diagnosed with anal fissures yesterday and the handout they gave us at urgent care said that whole milk will cause constipation, not looser stools. So weird. Hopefully it is just normal as her digestive system is maturing and will get back to "normal" soon!

BFP #1 1/11/11 M/C 2/4/11
    BFP #2 6/13/11 Baby E born 2/18/12
    BFP #3 12/3/12 C/P 12/5/12
    BFP #4 2/10/13 Baby R born 10/19/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"