Military Families

Shades of Green

Has anyone stayed at Shades of Green at Disneyworld? It's hard to get a good picture of the hotel from their website. Is it nice? Easy access to Magic Kingdom? Is the pool ok?

We are planning to take a trip before DD turns 2 and the prices are fantastic at shades of green compared to other hotels on property but we really don't know much about it!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Shades of Green

• I've never heard anyone have a bad experience there. I believe the property is not the newest but I've never heard complaints of it being outdated or grungy. I have a friend who went a year or two ago, I'll text her and see if she'll jump on.

CJ 05/29/2013

• We're going to Disney in a month and decide to stay at a different Disney resort because they still offer amazing military discounts on the rooms.  I believe it's 45% off deluxe resorts, 40% off of moderate and 35% off of value.  Our oldest is almost 5 and we really wanted to make this a trip geared to him so chose Art of Animation resort because he's really big into Cars and they have Cars themed suites. 

It may be worth taking a look at other resorts with that discount.  Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Last time we went, Disney was running a special on their rooms.  We ended up staying at the Polynesian for less than what we could have stayed at SoG.  We did go over there to pick up our tickets.  The hotel is nice, but nothing special compared to the other hotels on property.  It is walking distance to the monorail at the Poly and there is bus service to the parks no on the rail.  

I would check around and see what the rates are with the specials.  I'm pretty sure they are running discounted specials at the other hotels.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"