February 2012 Moms
Options

Golden leaves

What type of floor do you work on? How is being a nurse living up to what your expectations of nursing was?

I had no clue how hard it really was. My 1st year I learned so much and was humbled a good bit. I worked renal and respiratory at one hospital then worked post op womens surgery before changing to oncology.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Golden leaves

• Options
    I'm on a med surg floor with mostly geriatric patients. We get a lot of COPDers. We're also a mile from a long term psych facility so we get a TON of psych people. It gets crazy!

I LOVE my job. I'm a much better nurse than I thought I'd be. I learn more in each week of work than I did in all of nursing school. I'm super lucky to be on a floor and shift with a lot of awesome nurses. There's 1 nurse in particular that has taken me under her wing, so to speak, and has really taught me a lot about the profession.

I've been licensed for just over a year and working for 7 months and I still can't believe I get paid so much to do this. I'm really fortunate!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I commend nurses...not a profession I could EVER do. My older sister graduates in May and she's so excited. She always wanted to be a nurse and now she's finally doing it. She's hoping to get into wound care...it's been her favorite.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"