Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Breast Milk or Formula Alternatives? Goat's Milk, Perhaps?

Hello ladies!

Has anyone used an alternative formula, such as raw goat's milk? My milk production isn't where it should be and my daughter is allergic to formula, soy included! My pediatrician recommended looking into raw goats milk as an alternative, I wanted to see if anyone has done this or if you happen to know something else to try?

Thank YOU!

Re: Breast Milk or Formula Alternatives? Goat's Milk, Perhaps?

• Depending on the age of your baby, you may need to look up the Weston A Price recipe for raw goat's milk formula. If you have an older baby, you may be able to transition directly to raw goat's milk. If you are on Facebook, there's a group called DFW Crunchy Moms and there's also a DFW holistic families where people have used the goat's milk formulas.
  • Also, you might be able to find milk/soy free mamas to donate milk.. Have you checked out Eats on Feets, etc? We have a good network of donor mamas here in the DFW area. You can email me for more info.. My username at gmail.com
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, we made our formula using the Weston A Price recipe.   We knew when I went back to work my milk supply may suffer, so we incorporated the goat milk formula as well as my produced milk when my baby was about 6 months.  It may look a little challenging at the beginning, but you will get the recipe down and be able to make it quickly. We made about 30 bottles from each gallon of milk we purchased from Homestead Farms in Keller. There was a waiting list to get on, so if you are thinking about using goats milk...I would research now because they only produce milk during certain months of the year, so you will want to stock up. Best of luck and I am glad to hear that you will not be transition to the junk food formula that so many put their babies on!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"