Dads & Dads-to-be

Vacation spots

Was wondering if you have ran into any good vacation spots for little ones, or places near where you live that are suited for toddlers that would be considered a destination?   I figure as more and more of us are having kids, family vacations will be something we will all be experiencing in the near future

Re: Vacation spots

• Locally here, Indianapolis has a pretty good zoo and has the world's largest Children's Museum, in terms of options for toddlers.

One city we have been to recently that seems to be VERY good for toddlers is Philadelphia.  The city has multiple toddler friendly options.  We didn't go to the zoo, but heard it is good.  They have a children's museum called the Please Touch Museum, which is geared for kids under 7... my son had a BLAST there last summer.  They also have a theme park, again, aimed for little ones called Sesame Place, which is, as you would guess... Sesame Street themed.  The pic in my avatar is my son meeting Cookie Monster there at their character breakfast.  They also have an aquarium across the New Jersey border, and not too far away from the beaches.  We enjoyed it so much, we are thinking of returning in the summer of 2014 when our 2nd son is about 18 months old.

• imageColtsdad:
    Was wondering if you have ran into any good vacation spots for little ones, or places near where you live that are suited for toddlers that would be considered a destination?   I figure as more and more of us are having kids, family vacations will be something we will all be experiencing in the near future

Depends on what climate and areas interest you.

Cozumel is a great location for family vacations this time of year.

Colorado is awesome in the summer.  And Milwaukee has the Brewers and Summerfest each and everry summer.  Summerfest is the largest outdoor music festival in the world, and it is right here along our lakefront.

Cozumel is a fun time, and cheap once you get there.

• Loading the player...
  • Anything Disney is going to be family-friendly, but pricey!

We are considering paying for my mother-in-law to travel with us and help out with the kid so we can all enjoy a break. We're thinking Bahamas-type, etc., not sure how kid friendly, but with several of us, we should be able to have some time in grown-up and kid-friendly atmospheres. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageColtsdad:

Locally here, Indianapolis has a pretty good zoo and has the world's largest Children's Museum, in terms of options for toddlers.

I like the Children's Museum in Indy.  I've been there a couple times.  Never with any kids, but I still had fun.

• Our Caribbean days are over! No more St. Lucia... We live in Indy too so I think this summer we will try to hit the local venues like the Zoo and Children Museum since they will be 1 1/2 this summer. I was thinking St. Louis may be  fun when they are 2-3. They have a nice zoo and Grants Farm would be fun for kids. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"