Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Cycle after Chemical Pregnancy?

Anyone else on here experienced a chemical pregnancy, and if so, what did you experience during your next cycle?  Was it irregular (long/short) and did you ovulate normally? I am at CD 6 following a chemical pregnancy, and not sure what to expect for this next cycle.  I am temping/charting with plans to OPK again.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Married 9/24/11 & TTC #1
~Trying for our rainbow baby~
Me: 33 Him: 34
Not preventing since 1/1/2012
BFP #1 1/21/12 mmc @ 9wks d&c 3/5/12
TTA until 9/1/12
2 AO/irregular cycles Oct/Nov with abnormal TSH b/w
Started TTC again 12/1/12
BFP #2 12/31/2012 c/p 1/5/13

Re: Cycle after Chemical Pregnancy?

• Options
    So sorry for your loss :( I have had two chemical pregnancies.  I feel like my cycles were pretty much normal...it was just a really, really heavy AF.  I actually got BFPs second cycle after each CP...resulting in two healthy baby boys :) Good Luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm sorry for your loss.

I had a CP back in July. The only difference I noticed was that my LP was a little longer than I was expecting, and that my cervix was softer and more open than usual. I O'd on CD14 that cycle.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss, my cycle after CP I ovulated a few days later then usual and it was a strange light period. The one following that I ovulated normal with a heavier period with more tissue then average. Now back to normal
  • Options
    I had a miscarriage and D&C, the next cycle I ovulated  few days later than normal (if I did at all, I was not sure), then my period came at the regular time.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Philo

Baby N conceived after 1 miscarriage and more than 2 years of TTC. Diagnosis was low sperm count. We found success after 3 months of anastrozole to increase DH's testosterone and one IUI.
    Some charts AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive. - Happy Gilmore
  • Options
    I think it varies greatly.  With my first c/p, I started AF exactly 28 days after my c/p bleeding started.  With this last c/p, I got a BFP 38 days after the start of the c/p bleeding.  In beta hell waiting for the outcome of the BFP, but I obviously ovulated (I think around CD 28).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • Options

Sorry for your loss :(

I had a CP in November and then got a regular period 29 days later (normal for me). I don't know if I ovulated that cycle or not. 

• Options
    Appreciate the feedback everyone.  FC for a regular cycle with O this time around.  I will definitely be monitoring it closely!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Married 9/24/11 & TTC #1
    TTA until 9/1/12
  • Options

I also just had a CP. I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry for your loss, I know it's and emotional roller coaster. 

Good Luck! 

KLS1003.2

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I am right there with you, unfortunately, and have no answers. I'm on CD 29, and still no AF. No idea when I O'd, but I believe I experienced O pain on CD 17. I'm just riding this out - I plan to temp / chart with OPKs for next cycle, but this one is just me waiting for AF to arrive so I can get back to business. T&P's for you! GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Welcome Daniel! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image image
  • Options
    AlphaSierra, so sorry for you as well. We are on similar timing...good luck to you as well.  Fingers crossed for a normal cycle!
    TTA until 9/1/12
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss. I'm in the first cycle after my CP, and so far the only difference I've noticed is TONS more EWCM and earlier O signs than normal, I still havent O'ed yet, but it would be nice for it to happen earlier, since my OB is making me avoid this cycle. I just want it over with. FX for you!
    imageimage
    BFP # 1- DS ~ TTC #2 since Jan. 2012 - BFP # 2 - "Baby Elsie" - Blighted Ovum - D&C August 22, 2012 at 7w3d, BFP # 3 - CP - December 30, 2012, BFP # 4 - CP - March 19, 2013 ~ First RE Appt. 4/24/13 Med cycle #1: 50mg Clomid and Trigger shot = BFN. Med. Cycle #2: 6 cysts found. No meds/rest cycle. Trying on our own = BFP # 5! Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 129 Beta #3 = 94 - CP - July 2, 2013. BFP # 6! Beta#1 = 21, Beta#2 =58 Beta#3 = 134. U/S shows heartbeat of 142 at 7w2d!
  • Options
    Good luck to you too, incase2!  Thanks for the response.
    TTA until 9/1/12
  • Options
    Thank you classybride143.  Your boys are adorable!  Nice to hear of your success!
    TTA until 9/1/12
  • Options
    I'm on cd23 of my first post cp cycle. Not sure if I have O'd yet as I do not temp yet but I seem to have had EWCM for over a week. Trying to have sex EOD so we will see
  • Options
    GL mandie35 and sorry for your loss as well.
    TTA until 9/1/12
  • Options

imageclassybride143:
    So sorry for your loss :( I have had two chemical pregnancies.  I feel like my cycles were pretty much normal...it was just a really, really heavy AF.  I actually got BFPs second cycle after each CP...resulting in two healthy baby boys :) Good Luck!!

The same happened to me. I had a CP and then the next cycle I got pregnant with my DD. it was actually by surprise b/c I was having a hard time reading the OPK sticks and I really thought we missed it that following cycle..they were all over the place so I was excited to find out I was actually pregnant. Good luck!!! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had one back in 2009 and I got pregnant with DD the next cycle.  I had a long surge and ovulated much later than normal, but she was a sticky one.  I am sorry you are dealing with this.  Wishing you luck for a speedy BFP.

• Options
    Thank you all for the additional responses and the success stories!  That is VERY comforting to hear.  I just started OPK'ing again this cycle and still BBT'ing, so FX for a smiley face (last cycle my LH sure was on CD18) and temps confirming O.
    TTA until 9/1/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"