February 2012 Moms

MIL Wednesday?

This isn't that big of a deal compared to some of the MILs out there, but it irritates me nonetheless.  MIL is always "clicking" her tongue at J, this is her greeting for him and just her go to way of communicating with him.  He's not a horse! Stop with the "clicking" already!  Sorry, vent over... unless I remember the other things she always annoys me with.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: MIL Wednesday?

• My grandma does that clinking thing to Connor too. I drives me batty but it makes Connor laugh, so I have to bite my tongue.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageNatnDyl:
    My grandma does that clinking thing to Connor too. I drives me batty but it makes Connor laugh, so I have to bite my tongue.

I have never heard of anyone doing this before! It doesn't even make Jonah laugh, he just looks at her like she's gone mad.  I just wish she would talk to him like he's a person instead of making animal sounds at him. 

• Loading the player...
  • DD can cluck, so we cluck back at her. She laughs like crazy!

But we also talk to her and she babbles back, so it's not her only form of communication :)

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

• Not my IL story, but my sister's.  My nephew is 3 1/2, speaks very well for a 3 year old, very smart!  Her ILs still do baby talk to him.  We're talking about a kid who uses words like disgusting, frustrated, fabulous, and other words that sound 'odd' coming from such a young kid...and they baby talk him!  What's funny is he gives them the funniest looks because he too thinks they're nuts.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My MIL talks without the consonants to DD...ex: "What are ou doing?" instead of "what are you doing?" "Where are ou going?", etc...it makes my skin crawl. One day I came home and DH was doing it...AHHHHHHHH! Luckily he stopped after I told him it was annoying. Yet, I can't really tell MIL it annoys me so I just bite my tongue and deal.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• imagejmccall79:
    Not my IL story, but my sister's.  My nephew is 3 1/2, speaks very well for a 3 year old, very smart!  Her ILs still do baby talk to him.  We're talking about a kid who uses words like disgusting, frustrated, fabulous, and other words that sound 'odd' coming from such a young kid...and they baby talk him!  What's funny is he gives them the funniest looks because he too thinks they're nuts.

Oh my, I would be so frustrated! But I would be happy DS was giving a look, ha ha.

I don't know what I'll do if MIL does it for that long!  

• imageI'mGonnaMarryYou:

My MIL talks without the consonants to DD...ex: "What are ou doing?" instead of "what are you doing?" "Where are ou going?", etc...it makes my skin crawl. One day I came home and DH was doing it...AHHHHHHHH! Luckily he stopped after I told him it was annoying. Yet, I can't really tell MIL it annoys me so I just bite my tongue and deal.

This same thing happened with the "clicking"! 

• imageMistifier:
    This isn't that big of a deal compared to some of the MILs out there, but it irritates me nonetheless.  MIL is always "clicking" her tongue at J, this is her greeting for him and just her go to way of communicating with him.  He's not a horse! Stop with the "clicking" already!  Sorry, vent over... unless I remember the other things she always annoys me with.

This makes me laugh because when H's family wants to say "no" they click their tongue. It confused the heck out me when we started dating. I don't know if its an Indian thing or just his family (though all of his family that I met when we went to India did it too). 

My MIL drove me nuts this afternoon. She has the flu and I called her at lunch to see if she needs anything - any medicine, for me to bring dinner, whatever. As expected, she said no, which is fine. She's supposed to host their birthday party at her house on Saturday and I said I could cook instead so she can just rest and not have to worry about it (since she refuses to cancel/reschedule). She said "people are looking forward to my food, they don't want your food". Lol, okay. So I told her that I made a ton of pigs in a blanket for the party at my mom's and that there are too many so I'll bring half over for an appetizer and make a few more things. She says "there's a Muslim coming, you can't bring hot dogs!". I said they're beef hot dogs, not pork, and she said if he sees hot dogs he won't eat any of the food. Really?! They're Muslim, not Jewish who will only eat food prepared in a Kosher kitchen. And it's H's boss and his wife and H said he's laid back and doesn't care about that stuff. Heck, FIL is Hindu and eats beef. You'd think she would realize that not everyone is super strict about that stuff. No matter how I try to help she turns me down and always manages to do it I'm a fairly insulting manner. That's what I get for calling to check on her! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"