Military Families

Tricare and Nt screen

Did they cover this test for you? I just got a bill in the mail for $165??

**I should mention I'm standard :)

thanks for the help ladies!

Re: Tricare and Nt screen

• During one of my first appointments with DS, I had to sign a form at the OB's office stating that Tricare may or may not cover ultrasounds.  I was at a civilian practice and they told me that they never know what Tricare is going to do regarding ultrasounds, but that most likely all would be covered.

I had 2 ultrasounds - the NT scan and the 20 week ultrasound where we found out the sex.  Both were covered.  I think it all depends on how they code it. 

ETA:  I also have Standard.  I would probably call my OB's office and ask about how it was coded when submitted to Tricare.

• Thank you so much ladies!!! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine was covered and I didn't have any issues with billing.  I would call and talk to someone since it should be covered despite being on standard.
    Trying To Conceive since November 2009
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    IUI#1-4 all BFN
    IVF#1 January (4R, 4M, 1F) BFP
    Colt was born on 10/27 at 11:50pm. 6lbs and 19 1/4"
    Surpise! Baby #2 is on it's way.  EDD 9.18.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mine was covered with Prime.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Natural M/C 1.10 MMC 1.13 CP 12.13
    This is for all the caterpillars that never became butterflies. And for all the butterflies that never felt the wind in their wings. And for all the hearts that had hopes and dreams of a wondrous flight together.
  • Mine was covered and I was on Prime at the time.  I too got a bill from them and just called the number on the bill.  I let them know we had Tri-care and had to give them DH's social, problem taken care of.  Sometimes they don't get coded right and this is why a bill gets sent.  No biggie.
  • I have Standard and yes, both NT scans for both of my pregnancies was covered with no issues.

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• Mine was covered with Prime. Is it possible that you haven't met your deductible yet with Standard?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"