Military Families
Options

Non-temp storage for OCONUS PCS?

Has anyone put stuff in non-temp storage when they moved overseas? We need to store some stuff, but I'm worried about the conditions that our stuff will be stored in. I've heard horror stories about water damage, rat damage, things disappearing, etc. Any advice?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Non-temp storage for OCONUS PCS?

• Options
    Read reviews about places. Also talk to your insurance provider about storage insurance and what it can/will cover.

CJ 05/29/2013

• Options

We put large items, like our washer and dryer in non-temp storage when we moved to Europe last year.  I can't say that I've heard borrow stories, but things happen when you store them, with the military or not.  We are hoping for the best!  

Good luck! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    All but 900 lbs of our belongings sat in non-temp storage for 2 1/2 years while we were overseas.  Absolutely nothing was damaged or missing when it came out.  Just make sure you take pictures and do a good inventory on the paperwork you sign when it goes in.  I recommend putting a piece of paper in each box with your name and a good phone number that will still be working when you get it out (maybe a relative's?).  That way if it does get misplaced hopefully someone will call you.
  • Options
    We currently have over 4000 lbs of stuff in non-temp storage.  Honestly, if something is ruined then the AF will pay.  I'm not overly worried about it.  We have still about 2 years of it in storage.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"