New York Babies

1st birthdays on Staten Island

Im looking for a venue on staten island where i can just rent a party space. Id like to cook/cater and decorate on my own. Looking for about 50ppl and dont want to spend tooooo much in total ($2000 tops). ideas?

PS I was looking into the Alice Austin house but havent heard back yet, any experience with them?

Re: 1st birthdays on Staten Island

• Pretty sure the Alice Austen house closes for January and February but maybe they're open for parties.

Do you care what side of the Island?  There are a couple of Knights of Columbus halls that rent rooms - there's one on Manor Road.  Hillside Swim club has a room that they rent out too but I'm not sure if you need to be a member or not.

2k is a nice budget to work with.  You could probably get one of the catering halls to do it for that and save yourself the aggravation and get to enjoy your LO's party.  Check out the Old Bermuda Inn and the Staaten - they would let you decorate on your own but would need to use their food.  The zoo also does birthday parties but you have to use their caterer but again you could decorate.

Good luck! 

• I would recommend the Old Bermuda Inn. The food is delicious, the rooms are nice, the menus are affordable. The lunch buffet starts at $31 a person and the brunch starts at $30. (We had my shower there and will be having the christening there as well).

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"