September 2011 Moms
Options

Poll - Where do you buy your jeans?

I need to buy new jeans, like today.  Or at least in the next couple of days.  I've been buying jeans from Old Navy for a while (mainly because they fit pretty well and they're inexpensive), but I'm wondering where other people buy them, and what you love about the jeans you buy.  And how much do you spend on jeans?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Poll - Where do you buy your jeans?

• Options
    In the past few years I've had the best luck at AT Loft.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I like Express Jeans and some Gap. I have a few pairs from Kohls that aren't bad, either.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Both of my favorite pairs are from Target. Mossimo brand. They don't cost much and they seem to hold up well. 

• Options

I hate jean shopping.

I used to like the Gap, but I haven't had great luck with them over the last few years. I believe my current favorite is from Express. I think I got those on sale for around $50. I also like H&M for skinny jeans. My pair there cost $10 (not on sale, that is just the price).

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

I don't have a go-to brand, but the last time I bought jeans I splurged on a pair of Silvers that were on clearance at Herberger's. (The store is called Younkers in some places... or Boston Store... there are a few names for it.) They were $50, fit really nice and have held up really well over the last couple of years.

I also got a pair of Jessica Simpson brand jeans on a clearance rack a few years ago. They're okay.

After I'm done w/pregnancy & nursing 2.0 and my body goes to whatever will be the new norm for me, I'm planning to splurge on another pair of jeans that fit me really well and will likely try to find another pair of silvers that fit well.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I really like American Eagle jeans. They fit me really well. I recently got a pair at Old Navy I like.

My mom has been raving about a brand called "not your daughters jeans" that I would like to try.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

It depends what type of jean I am buying.

For a wide leg trouser I like express! Or Victoria Secret is having a a sale right now

https://www.victoriassecret.com/clothing/sexy-steals-pants-and-jeans

For a bootcut jean I like Nordstrom because they sell lots of different brands (including their brand), and I always find something I like in different colors. My favorites are 7 For All Man Kind, Joe's, and Paige. They all are $100 plus BUT Nordstrom has an awesome return policy...if they start to wear or tear (as jeans do) they will return them or give full store credit! It does not matter how long.

I just found a cute bootcut on sale at Express; it is the Stella Jean

https://www.express.com/sale-43/refine/Type/Jean/control/show/80/index.cat

I also bought a cute pair of Jolt jeans for $39.99 at Nordstrom Rack

Do you have a Fraancesca's Collection by you? They sale lots of differnt trendy jeans including Miss Me jeans which I LOVE LOVE LOVE! I like the extra bling and detail; selling price $100 plus BUT, once again, lasts a while and super flattering on.

https://www.buckle.com/womens/jeans/brand:miss-me?cm_mmc=MSN-_-Brands_Miss+Me_KW_Miss+Me+Jeans+-+-+%28PH%29-_-%22miss+me+jeans%22-_-Phrase

SInce I have been jean shopping...Let's be honest! I have curves and all of the bold-bright-and printed patterns of the new jean season is giving me a heart attack! Woof!

GL!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    The brands that have fit me the best are AE, AT Loft, and COH. I buy them all second hand. *someday* I'm going to shell out and get a pair of Hudsons or Silvers.
  • Options
    I've come to accept that if I really want jeans that fit well and look good, I have to splurge on the pricier brands.  The last time I bought nice jeans, Citizens of Humanity was my favorite brand.  But since I haven't bought really expensive jeans in a while, Gap and Banana Republic have been acceptable and more affordable substitutes.
  • Options
    I am not brand loyal and refuse to pay more than $40 for a pair of jeans.
    I refuse to shop at Gap because their stuff has always fallen apart on me quickly (within a couple months - and it's been various items).
    I cannot shop Old Navy because the zippers are too long or there is too much material in the butt. It's really odd.

I usually go to Target, AE, or Dress Barn. I found a couple brands there that I really like. One was 8 Circles of Consciousness and I can't remember the other one.

I always like MUDD brand too.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I bought 2 pairs of skinny jeans at TJ Maxx recently for 17 bucks each. I love them! And cheaper then my target pair!
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My very favorite are Joe's Jeans.  They fit very well, even my post pregnancy body.  I get mine at Nordstrom Rack so they are usually about $80 each there.  Full price is over $100. 
  • Options
    I've had the most luck at Old Navy and Kohls.  I am borderline plus-size (depending on store and brand) and I also have to get tall/long AND I have hardly any hips or butt for my size so it's nearly impossible to find jeans!

• Options
    I buy Old Navy Sweetheart (AKA mom jeans), lol.  I used to buy from Nordstrom or a little shop where I live sometimes because the would tailor them for free.  But I still am not sure what size I am going to end up here (still bfing) so Old Navy it is!
  • Options
    Old Navy, and I have a pair each from Banana Republic and Lucky.
    *S15 Siggy January Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance*
    justin timberlake omeletteville gif

• Options

The Salvation Army & thrifts stores.  Jeans are way over priced.

Sucked it up and bought a brand new pair of Elle skinny jeans at Kohl's week later found a better pair I liked at the SalVal.  Took the $40.00 new pair back and kept the $6.00 used pair.

I hate shopping for jeans.  Best of luck to you.

• Options
    AT Loft usually fit my butt and hips the best. There's also a brand call ANA at JCPenney, but they are usually hit or miss.
  • Options
    Also Burlington Coat Factory.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I have a small waist, but big hips/butt. I buy gap or DKNY, lucky brand sometimes fits. 
    oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I usually buy them in JC Penney. First my Mom works there so I got discount hehe and since I had Matt there is where I have found jeans that looks good on me.

• Options

Thanks everyone.  I got a pair at ON today on my lunch, but I'm going to keep an eye out next time I'm at TJs or Nordstrom Rack for a "nice" pair of jeans, too.

I don't like to spend more than $30-ish on jeans, but it would be nice to have one really nice pair of perfect fit jeans.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Lately Old Navy. I used to HATE their jeans, but they've gotten a lot better lately (I like the Flirt and Rock Star varieties) and they're so cheap (esp when on sale-- $19) and (perhaps most importantly, since I never have time to shop around) there's one a couple blocks from where I live.  When I lived in NYC I used to go to Uniqlo (great prices, free hemming!)-- wish they'd open one around here. 

Jeans are something I'd pay a lot for if I needed to, since I'll wear one pair every day, but I've been happy with lower cost options so no need. 

• Options

imageldcoffel:
    I really like American Eagle jeans. They fit me really well. I recently got a pair at Old Navy I like. My mom has been raving about a brand called "not your daughters jeans" that I would like to try.

I have some of those!  I love them too but was mortified when I realized that I loved jeans that were literally named "mom jeans".  The ones I have are skinny jeans that don't suffocate my calves.  I love them!

My current jeans are from Nordstroms Rack, Target, and Express.  The Target ones I just got I like a lot. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"