Minnesota Babies

Savage / Burnsville area

Anybody have a pediatrician recommendation down here?

We just moved down here from Mpls and I'd like to find a doc that is down here, rather than closer to the city.

Thanks,
Jess

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Savage / Burnsville area

• Dr. Saira Mitha at Southdale Peds in Burnsville. She is amazing!

• Metro Peds has an office in Burnsville (as well as one in Edina and Shakopee).  We see Dr. O'Laughlin in Shakopee, but have seen many of the other docs for sick visits, and have yet to see one we didn't like.  Would highly recommend them.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMarettie:
    Dr. Saira Mitha at Southdale Peds in Burnsville. She is amazing!

I agree! Both of my kids see her and she provides great advice too! 

• We go to Metro Peds in Burnsville. I really like the doctors there.  They also have a well-patient waiting room which was nice way to be segregated when DS was little. They have always been able to get us in right away when DS is sick. I think they have one doctor everyday that just takes last minute appointments.  They don't have the ability to do chest x-rays on location, so you do have to go a block or two away to get those done if needed.  It really wasn't a big deal and I'm not sure if any of the local ped only doctors have that capability.

We initially went to the Southdale Peds in Burnsville.  It might have just been the day, but it was really chaotic and I was not a fan. So we didn't go back. However, I know that a lot of people really like them too - so maybe it was just a bad day. The dr. we had at the hospital when DS was born was from Southdale Peds out of Edina (I think it was Dr. Buchman).  I think she did a great job on his circumcision.  Good luck!

My two boys are getting a surprise May 2015!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Thanks everybody - I've heard good things about Metro from this board and from a friend in the area.  I know Southdale as well (heck, I probably went there when I was a kid!)

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Southdale Peds in Burnsville! I used to nanny for Dr Skallerud & have heard many love her! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"