Georgia Babies
Options

Does anyone use a behavior chart for their LO?

I've decided to start one for Max.  His behavior lately is horrible.  To the point where he talks back, hits, screams, and throws things... AT US!!  I know some of it can be because of the new (ahem 8 month old) baby, and some just his age.  But it is getting out of hand, and I don't think punishment is working.  Heck, I know it isn't working.

I give him verbal positive reinforcement plenty but he is not responding to it much and definitely not to our expectations. I'm thinking that something visual will help.  I hope.  

If anyone uses one for their child, I'd love to hear success stories.  I'm thinking to tackle one behavior at a time.  I don't want to overwhelm him.  Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Does anyone use a behavior chart for their LO?

• Options

Ally- OMG, I just had this same conversation with Katie.  I am done with Allison. Nothing works. I have never had to spank and don't believe it in, but the few times I have popped her on the behind or hand she laughs. Time outs don't work. Quiet time does not work. She spits, pinches, hits, talks back you name it.

I do think she is calling out for attention, but this is not okay. I did start taking things away from her and that actually seems to be working but I think it is temporary. The other issue is she is in school during the day with kids about 10 months younger her. But I need help. It is embarrassing.  We were out to each the other day and there was a game room where all the kids were playing. Allison was the youngest and 6 of the children came over to me saying she did something to them. One boy she pinched on his back and then pushed him into the wall. I had to speak each childs parent and apologize. My Allison was the youngest by 3 years.

Ive also wanted to get her into many sports but she misses the cutoff due her birthday so again I think this adds to it.

Positive reinforcement works too but it is so limited. When she is one on one she is sweet and well behaved. Katie also suggested a behavior chart but I don't think she will respond to that. Let me know if you have any success and good luck!

Hope you guys are well.

www.exploregeorgiahomes.com 

• Options

One other thing that might work is video taping good behavior and bad behavior and let him watch both. Just another option.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh Gosh, I'm so sorry Kiersten.  : (  It is so hard.  I can't believe she pushes around the older kids.  She is a tough cookie!

We do spank Max, well, mostly CChad, but I hate it.  I used the behavior chart today, posted it on fb, it was really quick because I didn't want a repeat of yesterday's behavior.  I am happy to say it worked so well!!  I think him actually seeing his progress made him behave.  I gave him rewards like tv, playing with my phone, and computer games.  This really helped with limiting his time with those (which he needed) and play more in his playroom with the thousands of toys he has.

Good luck!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Glad the chart is working, I deactivated my FB account temporarily so I cannot see it. Can you email it to me? Maybe I will try it. I will say I think me sticking to a routine with her is also helping and being consistent. She has a lot less toys but, she has been behaving better overall.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"