3rd Trimester
Options

Swollen Perineum

Yes... I definitely had to look up what the proper name of that area was.  So... the Perineum --

I think I had a rough BM a few days ago.  I've had hemorrhoids for years due to some fabulous GI issues.  I may have had a swollen perineum before, but for some reason it seems more pronounced and noticeable being pregnant. I knew it felt irritated on Thursday, but didn't realize it was swollen until yesterday morning.  I just thought my underwear/pantyliner were just irritating it or possibly even my PJ's were creeping up in that area while I slept.

I read a few things that could cause it... internal hemorrhoid, yeast infection. I just don't want it to mean something worse is really going on somewhere.

Has anyone had this?

I have an appointment first thing Monday morning, but I'm hoping the swelling starts to go down before then.  I just went to the bathroom and, yep, still really flipping swollen after going. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Swollen Perineum

• Options
    Yeah, not worried about it though.  I think it's just from all the extra weight and pressure.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    it's the pressure of the baby... and sadly it will get worse before it gets better Sad
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageTeacher Clark:
    Oh honey, it only gets worse. It's just another joy of being pregnant.

... seriously?! Ugh. Not cool. I thought maybe I wasn't changing my pantyliner enough or something and causing the irritation.

Will warm baths offer some relief?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I got my first hemmeroid and was bummed.  But was told to take a sitz bath and use pads with witch hazel after going to the bathroom for relief. It seems a little better.  
    Pregnancy Ticker Live like today is your last, Love like you have never been hurt, and Dance like there is no one watching.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"