Multiples

Do twins movement slow down during 3rd trimester??

So I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow with my twins.  I'm still feeling the babies move but their movements have really slowed down in the past week both in intensity and in frequency.  It used to feel like they were having a party in there all the time and now it feels like their kicks are turning more in to rolls and nudges.  I'm assuming that they are just running out of space (both are measuring ahead) but of course I just start worrying like crazy.  I'm have the lowest risk twins you can have and so I only see my MFM for ultrasounds every 4 weeks and haven't been there in 3 weeks.  I wish i could just take a peak at them and see that everything is ok because these pregnancy hormones make me worry too much!!  Anyone else have any thoughts on this and should I expect their movements to continue to decrease over the next 6 weeks??

TIA!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image image image

Re: Do twins movement slow down during 3rd trimester??

• As long as you're feeling movement you should be good. They're getting bigger and have less room to kick but nudges and rolls are just as good : I have to start monitoring fetal "kicks" for an hour a day. My OB says to pick a time that they're most active usually after food or something sweet and make sure they do 10 kicks in this time. Kicks count as rolls, nudges, squirms or hiccups and 10 total not each.
  • I don't know that my movement slowed down, but it definitely changed from kicks to rolls, hiccups, and nudges. There were times I could even feel their backs as they practiced breathing. Also, my belly became so stretched that I lost feeling in the middle. I didn't even feel the movements in that area, but could really see them!
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• Loading the player...
  • imagemeechellebelle:
    As long as you're feeling movement you should be good. They're getting bigger and have less room to kick but nudges and rolls are just as good : I have to start monitoring fetal "kicks" for an hour a day. My OB says to pick a time that they're most active usually after food or something sweet and make sure they do 10 kicks in this time. Kicks count as rolls, nudges, squirms or hiccups and 10 total not each.

This. I started feeling less movement recently, which turned to more nudges and hiccups. I was warned this would happen and was told to start counting movements when they were most active.  

Photobucket TTC since 1999. Unexplained Infertility. IUI#1 Oct. 12/11 - BFN IUI#2 - Nov 8 - Failed
    IUI#3 - Jan 6 IVF#1 -5/18 - stims start (225 gonal f, 75 menopur, 5 lupron) ER 5/29 - 14R, 11M, 7F. 6/1 - Transferred 2 8cell embryos (grade 1 and 2). 8dp3dt +HPT, Beta#1 - 92, Beta #2 - 174, Beta#3 - 614, Beta#4 - 2010. 6wk u/s - TWINS! Baby A 114bpm, Baby B 112 bpm Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I couldn't feel some of the movement as they were nudging each other (facing inwards) more than they were kicking me. they are running out of room, but you should still feel them a few times after you eat.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would call your doctor just in case if you are concerned.  I had a problem free pregnancy with my girls and noticed decreased movement at 36 weeks and I went in they told us one of the girls didn't have a heartbeat.  Better to be safe then sorry IMO.  What happened to us definitely isn't common but if your doctor can check quickly to make sure everything is good then why sit and stress about it.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine had days of less movement then go a few days of being super active. Now that they are here they still don't stop kicking. One won't stop rolling everywhere and the other spins in circles all over the place. But like people said as long as you're still feeling movement every few hours or so you should be doing great. Remember in the 3rd tri their sleep patterns really step up. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"