Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Shedding Wool Dryer Balls

I've had some wool dryer balls for a while now (probably about 6 months or so) & they're starting to shed & leave little strings all over everything (most often on my boys' fleece pants).  What, if anything, can I do to stop this?  TIA!
DS1 November 2009
DS2 August 2012

Re: Shedding Wool Dryer Balls

• Options
    I can't think of anything that would stop it unless you wanted to try refelting them by sticking them in the wash on hot. Heat plus agitation is what felts wool.
  • Options
    imageArmyQM:
    I can't think of anything that would stop it unless you wanted to try refelting them by sticking them in the wash on hot. Heat plus agitation is what felts wool.

This. Plus put them in panty hose to keep the surface smooth while you wash and dry them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageArmyQM:

This. Plus put them in panty hose to keep the surface smooth while you wash and dry them.
  • Options
    Yep, I just refelt them by throwing them into a hot wash.  Are they all wool?  I've found the ones I made with all wool last a lot better than ones with acrylic yarn cores.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"