April 2013 Moms
Options

Team green nursery

We painted the nursery yellow. The furniture is white as well as the curtains. I'm trying to decide on a gender neutral accent color. I know I can go back and add more gender specific colors like purple or blue once the baby arrives but this whole nesting urge is driving me BSC!!! What color could I use that would go with yellow but doesn't scream boy or girl? What colors are you team green mommas using?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Team green nursery

• Options
    I'm not really any help. We painted our nursery sage green and had all white furniture for DD1 and then accented with pink and purple. This time we are team green and the nursery is still sage green, and we are reusing the furniture again. we shall see if we reuse the pink/purple, or if we will have to go out and get some blue. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The girls walls are a light yellow, and the bedding + accessory are sage green, white, and chocolate brown.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yellow, white and gray always look nice together. You can easily add finishing touches once baby gets here based on whether you have a boy or girl. 
  • Options

imageAllyP10:
    Yellow, white and gray always look nice together. You can easily add finishing touches once baby gets here based on whether you have a boy or girl. 

This is what I was going to suggest as well!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imageAllyP10:

Yes, this is what we're doing! Light grey walls, white furniture, and yellow accents. There are some super cute elephant and/or giraffe things I've found online that are in this color scheme. Good luck! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We are very outdoorsy people, so our nursery is a light chocolate brown.  Our bedding is very earthy colors with baby animals on it (deer, rabbit, fox, etc.) with accent colors in green, yellow, brown, tan, and burgandy.  We love it, but not everyone is as comfortable with the lack of real "baby"-like colors.  
  • Options
    I consider myself to be non-traditional when it comes to decorating so this may not be your style, but for DS we did a yellow, white and black room with pops of bright orange. We did (and still have) a white crib, black bureau, black glider with white piping, one wall was painted with chalkboard paint, 2 walls were white and the last wall was yellow and white striped. Gray is another color that looks great with yellow and you could definitely bring in purple or blue with yellow and gray. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We are personally going with gray walls, one wall will be accented with gray/white strips.  And then our curtains and bedding are a white gray combo.  We are getting a pricer glider with a patterned fabric, still in the same category.  That being said we were considering yellows, teals, and corals to accent with.  Of course I plan to do alot more accenting after baby comes.  We kept everything really neutral, and I hoping it keeps the look very classic.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

If you are in need of a theme, I have a set of gender neutral farm animal print bedding (green, yellow, white) that I will totally give to you if you'd like. There are bumpers, a boppy cover, a pillow cover, a diaper stacker, and a quilt. Its been sitting in our storage since C was born. I made all of it and loved it, but when he was born I really wanted a boy themed room so we switched to rocketships. lol

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options
    As most of the previous posters are saying, gray and white are nice neutral colors. We are doing half the wall with white (wainscoting- sp?) and the top have a light grey/silver color. Our furniture that we already had for DS is dark espresso color, I got a white/gray crib skirt, white/gray chevron crib sheets and an elephant blanket that is white/gray. We plan to add turquoise or pink once the baby is born. But...if you wanted to add color before- you could add some green/yellow to brighten it up. Pottery Barn kids has a lot in this color combo- even if its just to get ideas, you should check it out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow thanks ladies!!! My mom is going to sew our skirt and bumper as soon as I find some fabric I like. But thank you so much Crafty!! That was very sweet of you!

We painted our bedroom grey so we have some laying around still, just not sure if I want another gray room.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I personally don't consider any colors gender specific save pink and blue. I am doing the nursery in grey, purple, black, and red.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagejerkosnow:
    Wow thanks ladies!!! My mom is going to sew our skirt and bumper as soon as I find some fabric I like. But thank you so much Crafty!! That was very sweet of you! We painted our bedroom grey so we have some laying around still, just not sure if I want another gray room.

No problem! I figured since you're only like an hour away, I'd offer. :-)

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options
    imageJSS1002:

imageAllyP10:

This is what I was going to suggest as well!

This is what we did for DD as well. Grey walls, The bedding and accessories are mainly light yellow with some white, grey, black and green. (Bumblebees and Frogs)

• Options

we're doing gray walls, white furniture, and teal accents.  Inspired by:

https://projectnursery.com/projects/carters-turquoise-orange-nursery/

try a google image search or play on project nursery for more ideas too 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

This is our nursery (in progress!). Walls are gray, trim is white, crib is espresso-finish wood, dresser is white and rug and chair will be blues/grays. 

• Options

For DD's nursery (we were Green then too), we did yellow, gray, aqua & white.  We had aqua walls (one wall had a thick light gray stripe across it) instead of yellow, but I think you can easily work in aqua for a nice pop of bright color, either in the bedskirt or in an area rug.  White furniture & heavy white trimwork in the room, hardwood floors.  White curtains. I made a bedskirt from fabric in a pretty aqua & white pattern, and used a yellow changing pad color.  Bought a pretty yellow, white & gray area rug from Rosenberry Rooms online.  I decorated the walls with colored prints off Etsy that I framed, and then made a mobile in similar shapes & colors to hang over her changing pad.  

After she arrived, I bought some pink drawer thingys for the cubby shelf in her room (would have bought navy, if it were a boy).  And folded up the many, many pink blankets & stuffed animals that she got as gifts on shelves to display.  I liked the room too much as is to feel like I needed to decorate anymore to make it more girly.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We are going to paint the nursery a pale turquoise/teal color and have picked a Winnie the Pooh theme with a celery green, pale yellow, etc. colors.  I also like grey.  I can't wait to see how it looks!
    Pregnancy Ticker image image IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"