Military Families

craigslist house-hunting

Totally random and not baby related... 

I'm just curious about success stories with finding rental homes on Craigslist. I do 90% of my search on AHRN, but keep an eye on Craigslist in case something pops up there that isn't on AHRN.

And if you do use CL, any tips for searching?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: craigslist house-hunting

• I used to only use Craigslist, but within the last 2 years there is tons of scams on there. Every time I email about a house on there I get the stupid email reply saying to send money and they will send the keys. It's very obvious that its fake, but it's just annoying. I tend to just use ahrn and then most relator sites you can search for rentals. I like zillow.com
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When I was helping friends search for housing on CL we found tons of scams, but there were some legitimate ones. 

A lot of the scams rip photos off of other sites and list them for less, or houses for sale and they list them for rent.  We had a luck of luck when we would google the address of the house (if they had it available).  If it's listed on CL for $1,200/month and you find a google listing for $2,000/month, then it's a scam.

• Loading the player...
  • imageladybugpjb:

Totally random and not baby related... 

I'm just curious about success stories with finding rental homes on Craigslist. I do 90% of my search on AHRN, but keep an eye on Craigslist in case something pops up there that isn't on AHRN.

And if you do use CL, any tips for searching?

I've found 3 homes with the help of craigslist. I only search for homes with pics and found homes that are listed with a reality company managing them have been legit.

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Good tips - thanks, ladies!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I typically use www.militarybyowner.com and the local MLS listings. 

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• This is our first rental and I used craigslist without a problem. Just put my specific wants in with photos  and got lucky that the owner of this house is a property manager so everything was very professionally done. Good luck. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Natural M/C 1.10 MMC 1.13 CP 12.13
    This is for all the caterpillars that never became butterflies. And for all the butterflies that never felt the wind in their wings. And for all the hearts that had hopes and dreams of a wondrous flight together.
  • The house we are in right now we founf on Craigslist. It was posted by a Real Estate Agent and luckily our transfer wasn't very far so we had a chnace to meet her and see the house before we applied for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"