Breastfeeding
Options

f/u fenugreek

I took fenugreek for about a week and it seems to have helped my supply. The last 3-4 days DS has been stooling a lot more frequently and waking up often throughout the night when he usually slept through the night. He is also teething but when he got his first two teeth we didn't even notice, no crying, no drooling, etc. He is drooling and chewing on his hand this time so maybe it is worse but I'm thinking the fenugreek may be causing problems. I plan to stop but how long does it take to get out of his system? Could this be because of the fenugreek or am I reaching?

imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: f/u fenugreek

• Options
    The only side effect my LO had from fenugreek was gassiness and therefore more fussiness. I wouldn't think drooling or chewing on the hand would be due to fenugreek. I would still guess teething. Maybe these hurt more than the last ones?
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options

imageTJ1979:
    The only side effect my LO had from fenugreek was gassiness and therefore more fussiness. I wouldn't think drooling or chewing on the hand would be due to fenugreek. I would still guess teething. Maybe these hurt more than the last ones?

Sorry, I wasn't clear (I'm dead tired... trying to stay up for midnight haha) I didn't think the drooling and chewing on the hand were from the fenugreek... I meant the other things.. BM's and waking up. I guess what I was asking is if the BM and waking up could be caused by the fenugreek or if they are more likely due to teething as well.  

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It probably could take up to 2 weeks to be fully out of your system.He may have a slight intolerance. Do you have frozen bm that you could add to your feedings? If you replace a few nursing sessions and pump, it may help with his fussiness. You could then mix the pumped milk with nonfenugreek milk. Or just make sure he only has one a day in the future...
  • Options
    imagegrangerize:
    It probably could take up to 2 weeks to be fully out of your system.He may have a slight intolerance. Do you have frozen bm that you could add to your feedings? If you replace a few nursing sessions and pump, it may help with his fussiness. You could then mix the pumped milk with nonfenugreek milk. Or just make sure he only has one a day in the future...

Thanks. I go back to work Wednesday so he will get pumped milk during the day. I've been home the past week because of the Holidays. Hopefully that will help. Thanks!
    imageimage

• Options
    It's been 2.5 days since I took it. My son is back to his normal self. Yay!
    imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"