September 2012 Moms

Holy unaffordable health care !

I just got the insurance statement from LO's 2 month check up and vaccines, they showed my what it cost, what they discounted and paid, and what I owe. Luckily,with my insurance, well child checkups are covered 100 %. However, if I were not insured, that one little appointment would have cost me...wait for it.....

$780 effing dollars !!!!!!! That is almost as much as it cost for her in the hospital ! That shiiit is ridiculous ! I had to check more than once and make sure it wasn't just a late hospital bill.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Holy unaffordable health care !

• Just called today to yell at the insurance company because they are billing DD's visits out of network and wanted me to pay an extra $200.  Flick that!!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You are telling me! I didn't catch how much our 2 month visit was but we had to get on insurance since they billed him out of network when we had made sure before going they were in network. Well is visits are covered 100 but we have had 2 sick visits 2 urgent care and an ER visit in the last 2 weeks between both kids : copays alone are killing us since ER is 300 bucks a pop.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • 573 luckily we just have a 20 copay. I don't know how people afford babies without insurance. I would shiit my pants!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagetara1223:
    The amount you would have been billed if you had no insurance would be considerably less. I'm not talking about hospitals and charity care either.

If you called the pedi and inquired about an office visit the amount would most likely be far less than what your invoice shows.

Yup, this. They bill much more to the insurance companies.
    "Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • imagetara1223:
    The amount you would have been billed if you had no insurance would be considerably less. I'm not talking about hospitals and charity care either. If you called the pedi and inquired about an office visit the amount would most likely be far less than what your invoice shows.

So true.  My ex broke his hand years ago and didn't have insurance.  I remember the nurse or receptionist or someone saying something about the cost.  Then she looks and says "oh no insurance"  and the cost was like 60% less.  It was crazy.  No wonder premiums are insane.

BFP #1 5/10/06 ...m/mc @11.5w 6/29/06 D&C 6/30/06
    BFP #2 10/29/08 ...stillborn via c/s @41w 7/20/09
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    missing my baby everyday
    BFP #3 1/20/10 My angel's little sister Grace Madison was born September 8th 2010 @37w. We're so blessed! Thank you angel for getting her here safely.
    BFP #4 12/30/11. Jackson Christopher 8/22/2012 via repeat c/s @ 37w 3d
  • Tried to quote Tara, but that's totally true.

When DH switched jobs, there was a 30 day period between coverage for us. The cost for Cobra was actually more than paying out of pocket for the one ultrasound I had that month.

The cobra also only covered continuing the coverage, so we would have had to pay the 20 percent co insurance on TOP of that.

We kept the information in case something major was needed, but didn't need it.
    Little B 9.20.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"