November 2012 Moms

Holy I U D Batman!

The whole I U D experience was awful today. My doctor agreed to work me in today so that I could get para guard before my deductable rolled over. very grateful for that, but it meant I had to see the brand new nurse practitioner.  Homegirl had never done an I U D insertion before! I know everyone has to learn at some point, but could it not be on a post partum ginger who's a slow healer and still a little bit of a hot mess down there?!?!  good gravy! I was also informed that my uterus is now tilted forward at almost a 90 degree angle. She had to use tinctures to pull my cervix down to get proper insertion. She warned me that I might have a little spotting afterward. I don't know what her definition of a little spotting is, but I'm having to use pads again. Boo! Getting an I U D should not be this complicated! I hope y' all fared better than me!

Re: Holy I U D Batman!

• Sounds like a nightmare! I hope the bleeding lets up soon
    050 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • gah! I'm scared now.
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Was the insertion painful? I am getting the paragard this month and am totally freaked out about it hurting!
    Missed M/C 11/11/11
    BFP: 3/15/12 EDD: 11/25/12 DOB: 11/12/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageabbp23:
    Was the insertion painful? I am getting the paragard this month and am totally freaked out about it hurting!

The insertion shouldn't have been painful, but since the NP had never done it before and my uterus is anterior now, it took her a while and few tries to get it placed correctly. The most painful part for me was the insertion of the speculum. I tore in the same spot as my first birth and have a ball of scar tissue. I'm a slow healer, so that area was still extremely tender and she wasn't exactly gentle. Both of my SILs have had them and said the procedure was quick and easy for them.

• imageabbp23:
    Was the insertion painful? I am getting the paragard this month and am totally freaked out about it hurting!

Hopefully this helps some. I just got my IUD last week and it honestly hurt less than a regular pap. My OB does them all the time and the whole process was about 3 minutes including the ultrasound to check for correct placement.

Super super easy.

I have spotted very lightly for about 4 days and that seems to be ending now.
  • Thanks guys! Sorry you had such a hard time Candace! That blows! 
    Missed M/C 11/11/11
    BFP: 3/15/12 EDD: 11/25/12 DOB: 11/12/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"