March 2012 Moms

Saint Patrick's Day Birthday

Hi March Mommas!  

My DD was actually born on Saint Patrick's Day.  I saw the previous post about 1st birthday plans, and it got me wondering as to what I should do for my girl.  I don't know if it will eventually bother her to have a birthday on a holiday.  My side of the family actually is Irish and usually does celebrate (my parents were so excited she was born on Saint Patrick's Day!).  I don't know if I should try to separate her birthday from the holiday and do a completely different theme, or try to mix them together somehow.  As a first birthday of course she will be completely unaware, but I guess I'm just trying to think about the future and how to handle it, I don't want to set a precedent that I need to change in the future.  Also, I checked and her birthday falls on a Sunday this year.  I'm not sure if I should have her party (mostly family, a few friends) on Sunday since it's actually her birthday, or if I decide to try to separate her birthday from the holiday, if I should just do it on Saturday.  Thanks in advance for your thoughts ladies.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Saint Patrick's Day Birthday

• Maybe have something on the 16th since your family celebrates St. Patrick's Day. My DD's birthday is the 29th and for 2013 is falling the Friday before Easter. I plan on having her party on Saturday. In the future, maybe just play it by ear. My grandmother and step dad's birthdays are December 21 and we celebrate them seperate from the Christmas.

• Ahh! I would have so much fun with this! I just found this - 

https://andeverythingsweet.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-babys-first-birthday.html?m=1

It has some cute ideas!

you don't have to do a St Pattys theme every year, but I think the first bday would definitely be fun! 

• Loading the player...
  • DD's birthday will be Easter Sunday so we are also trying to decide what to do.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD2 was a scheduled repeat csection for St. Patty's Day. I was soooo excited. Then she decided to come on March 15, on her older sister's second birthday. So, we will be having their birthday party together until they complain. I think we will be doing My Little Pony, since DD1 loves "MYPONY" (one word, screamed at top of lungs), and DD2 doesn't care as long as she gets to gnaw on something. We did Spongebob for DD1's first birthday, and DH went all out. I mean like gaming truck and bounce house and catering. It was on March 13 I believe, which was a Sunday, and then on her actual birthday, we sent mini cupcakes to school with her and sang happy birthday to a bunch of kids with icing smeared on their faces. Their first birthdays I think are more about the parents and family than the kids. DD1 didn't even want to touch her little cake. I had to push her hand in it to make everyone happy, and then she started crying. Still, made for some cute pictures. I'm sure whatever you do will be great, and don't worry about incorporating other events into the same day until she complains about it. Since their birthdays fall on a Friday this year, we will do it the Saturday or Sunday after.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for your responses girls. The more I think about it the more I want to actually have it on the 17th. It's not every year that I will be able to actually have her party on her real birthday so I'm just going to go for it. I will just let my family know way in advance and they can make their plans accordingly. Well, that's what I'm saying for now anyway, let's see what they say when I tell them!. I think in the future I will just do a regular baby themed party on either weekend day, but for her first birthday I would like it to be on her birthday since it falls on a weekend.
    I think I would like do some kind of baby theme still, but maybe with a Saint Patrick's Day twist the way a PP posted in a link.
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"