May 2013 Moms

How many months pregnant are we?

I'm always confused by this. I am 20.5 weeks along. Am I 4 or 5 months pregnant?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image
My Ovulation Chart
early m/c 09/05, early m/c 02/08,and missed m/c 04/12 at 16 weeks **I was Diagnosed with Factor V Leiden & Heterozygous Mthfr 02/08 I was put on Lovenox while pregnant with my daughter and will also be for my next pregnancy

Re: How many months pregnant are we?

• I always go by counting backwards from the due date. Since that is more than four months away, I say that I am four months. Or four and a half.
  • I always count back from my due date.  I'm 20w6d, my due date is May 14.  So on Dec 14 I considered myself 4 months, and on Jan 14 I consider myself 5.  Now I'll say I'm 4.5 months pregnant.

It seems like everywhere I look says something different. The above is just what makes sense to me.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 4 weeks = 1 month, so 20 weeks = 5 months. If you go the full 40 weeks, you will technically be 10 months pregnant.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I conceived Aug 22. I count forward from there, and say I am now 4 months. I am 20w5d.

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • I never know what to say, so I go in percentages.  I'm close to halfway done, so 50%.  It's so hard because people view pregnancy as 9 months, but it's really 10 months long.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ...this is why I don't count it in months! I just go by the weeks...
  • I actually got into an arguement with a coworker about this.  I say I'm 5 months so he says I'm over halfway.  I try to explain...He says pregnancy is 9 months, I say it's 40 weeks.  To end the arguement I said "Next time you get pregnant, I'll ask you." 
  • You are four and a half months pregnant, as other PP have said. This is because a calendar month does not equal four weeks. It equals four weeks and two or three days, except for February. We are not pregnant for ten months even if we go the full forty weeks.

EDIT: I accidentally said four and a half weeks instead of months.
  • According to my What to Expect book I am ending the fifth and starting the sixth month this Wednesday. Yay!

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • imageclineak:
    4 weeks = 1 month, so 20 weeks = 5 months. If you go the full 40 weeks, you will technically be 10 months pregnant.

This is how I was taught. And because you are actually counted pregnant for two weeks before egg meets sperm logically you are physically growing child for 9 and a half months.

bfp #1 10/15/2009 m/c 11/4/09 10 weeks Lily you are not forgotten
    bfp #2 4/5/2010 CP, m/c 4/12/10 5 weeks Baby Lo
    Diagnosed PCOS 10/10 RX 1500 mg Metformin/day
    bfp#3 4/5/2011 Missed m/c discovered 5/24/2011 (10w 5d) baby Asher stopped growing at 6 weeks
    I know he is playing with his siblings in heaven right now...

rx'd factor II gene mutation 7/11 prescribed 5000 units Heparin daily
    rx'd Sjogren's Disease 8/11

bfp #4 9-6-2012 RAINBOW Baby Ky born 5-9-13
    bfp #5 8-26-14  RAINBOW #2 Due 5-8-2015

baby development
  • 5months at 20 weeks, 4 weeks equal 1 month
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Omg! I've been so consumed with work I forgot how many weeks pregnant I am! I was going to throw my two cents in, but now I'm just going to keep my mouth shut!
    Photobucket Our fur babies, Stella and Falkor!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I just say 20 wks equals 5 months. Not sure how precise that is.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageclineak:
    4 weeks = 1 month, so 20 weeks = 5 months. If you go the full 40 weeks, you will technically be 10 months pregnant.

Yes 

• A month is more than 4 weeks. Unless that month has 28 days in it.

I just go by weeks and if someone asks I usually just tell them my due date and thats what they really want to know anyway.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagerea1687:
    According to my What to Expect book I am ending the fifth and starting the sixth month this Wednesday. Yay!

This is what I was going with - I'll be 6 months on Friday! 

Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

TTA until 2014

• imagepnutg:
    I just say 20 wks equals 5 months. Not sure how precise that is.

This!

Mommy of 3 beautiful boys!
    image.
  • So funny! I have been saying 5 months since I hit 20 weeks, with the knowledge that I will be pregnant for 10 months. Well, someone asked if I was due in April and that got me thinking maybe I was calculating wrong. I switched to the number of weeks just to be exact, but if someone asks in months, I just say I am in the 5th month.
  • I calculate it by the date of my last period. It was 7/31/12 so I'm now at 5 months as of yesterday. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• I find this chart extremely helpful:

• imageMrsRKJ:

imagerea1687:
    According to my What to Expect book I am ending the fifth and starting the sixth month this Wednesday. Yay!

This is what I was going with - I'll be 6 months on Friday! 

That's not right because when you're starting your 6th month, you are 5 months along. Like I just turned 36, so I'm starting my 37th year. But I'm NOT 37 Wink

• imageclineak:

Dude. With DD I delivered at 41w6d. I WAS 10 months pregnant lol!

photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"