Breastfeeding
Options

wine ?

Hi all, I am a ftm to a 5 week old little girl and I was planning on having a glass of wine with my husband tonight to bring in the new year, but I'm a little apprehensive about doing so. Does anyone indulge in the occasional glass of wine? I've read that it can take 2-3 hours to get through your system depending on how much you have and how much you weigh and not effect the baby but still feeling a little nervous....

Re: wine ?

• Options
    My LC told me a glass is fine. Just drink it right after nursing rather than right before.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

image==N==:
    My LC told me a glass is fine. Just drink it right after nursing rather than right before.

Yep, this.  I have a glass a few times a week.  I just have it when I'm done nursing DS.  What I've heard, and go by, that is that if you are okay to drive then you are okay to nurse.

Married 6-7-08
    Everett 4-27-12
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagealie78_80:

image==N==:

Yep, this.  I have a glass a few times a week.  I just have it when I'm done nursing DS.  What I've heard, and go by, that is that if you are okay to drive then you are okay to nurse.

Ditto 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Like the others said, if you're ok to drive you're ok to nurse.
    I had a glass earlier while nursing LO
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks everyone, I think I will treat myself...

Happy New Year!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"