February 2012 Moms

sick baby :(

So, DD woke up sick this morning. She had diarrhea, vomited her first bottle back up and hasn't finished a whole bottle all day. She has eaten a handful of Cheerio's and refused the toast and applesauce I tried. I tried to give her some pedialyte this evening. She got a couple sips in, but I wish she would've taken more. She also has an awful diaper rash, the worst I've seen since she was born. I'm not sure what all of these symptoms combined could mean. She did not have a fever according to 2 different thermometers, but felt warm if you ask me. She was acting iffy early this morning, but honestly, once she vomited, seemed better. She's been playing and active all day, but cries during diaper changes. I am not positive if she is teething because she will not let me in her mouth to see! 

Anyway, anyone's LO have anything going on like this? What's the diagnosis? I haven't called the doctor yet, but will consider doing so tomorrow if it's gotten worse. I just worry about her getting dehydrated and I worry I may not be treating her properly because I don't really know whats wrong with her. Any input would be appreciated!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: sick baby :(

• Emma was playing fine but felt hot to me. I took her temp twice and it read normal. She took a real down turn in a couple of hours and vomited and started coughing and had direeah. I took her to the ER because she felt so hot but the thermometers kept reading normal. Turns out she had a temp of 102 and had RSV. Not trying to scare you but I really do not trust the ear or underarm thermometers for getting an accurate temp.

Does lo have a cough or runny nose?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thank you for this. I don't trust the thermometers either. DH and MIL think I'm crazy. I'll be calling the doctor in the am as long as she's ok through the night and i don't have to interve sooner. She isn't stuffy or congested at all.
  • Loading the player...
  • Aiden has a his first fever tonight :(  I've been torturing with that stupid thermometer. It has given me everything from 99-102 I called the doctor (the emergency line) and they said just give ibuprofen and keep taking his temp.  It has gone down a bunch, but hes so sad and whiny.  Hope your LO feels better soon!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"