January 2013 Moms

Induction started omg..

I'm in l&d and just got the foley balloon... Umm omg I cried an d begged for them to stop. I was told that was the worst part. Let's hope...

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Induction started omg..

• I'd say that depends on how early you get your epidural. I can't imagine it's worse than labor. Good luck! Hope all goes well :)
    I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 1Samuel 1:27 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Team Peeta Tag Pictures, Images and Photos
  • What is a foley balloon?  I was induced with DD, but I went in at 4cm so I only needed my water broken and a low dose of pitocin to jump start labor.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageSittinUnderAPalmTree:
    What is a foley balloon?  I was induced with DD, but I went in at 4cm so I only needed my water broken and a low dose of pitocin to jump start labor.

A foley balloon is quite literally a balloon that they place between your bag of water and cervix/lower uterus (I think that's where it goes, it's meant to put pressure on the cervix) to help soften/open the cervix and start labour or as a pre-cursor to pitocin.  Not. Comfortable. 

Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• imageJJsMum:

imageSittinUnderAPalmTree:
    What is a foley balloon?  I was induced with DD, but I went in at 4cm so I only needed my water broken and a low dose of pitocin to jump start labor.

A foley balloon is quite literally a balloon that they place between your bag of water and cervix/lower uterus (I think that's where it goes, it's meant to put pressure on the cervix) to help soften/open the cervix and start labour or as a pre-cursor to pitocin.  Not. Comfortable. 

Yikes that sounds uncomfortable!  I've had friends that had to have cervadil, but never that! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Eek! Good luck! I hope that it all goes smoothly! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

• I had it twice with DS it was painful and uncomfortable and it did nothing for me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"