Breastfeeding
Options

Very worried DD flu/weight

Took both of my DD's to the doctor today for cold symptoms/low fever. My little one will be 4 months in a week a half. At birth she weighed 7lb 11oz pedi thought this was slightly high due to all the fluids I had for my csection. At her 2 month appt she weighed 9lb 7 oz a week after that went two Monday's in a row for thrush she weighed 9lb 10oz. She was 23 in. Today she weighed only 9lb 14oz was 23in! Only 4oz gain in 7 weeks?! I weighed her at home holding her at 3 months she weighed 10lb 3oz.

Today she tested positive for the flu, so I don't know if part of her low weight is due to being sick? She just started getting fever a cough overnight last night.

She eats for a long time at each feeding, usually 3045 mins. She eats 3.54 hours most days. She usually sleeps 78 hours at night. She is on track otherwise developmentally.
I just don't know how much she's actually getting? She will take a formula bottle gets one a few times a week.

We are in our home state now saw DD1's old pedi. We go back to our pedi in 10 days for her 4 month visit, so we will get rechecked then for sure.

I want to continue to bf but am so worried freaked out about her being okay. That part of me wants to just give her formula so that I know she is getting enough to eat. The pedi said today she wanted her to eat 4 oz every 34 hours to wake her at night feed her. She said if she was getting all that not gaining it could be a thyroid problem. I just want to know that she's okay ASAP!!

Talked to DH, but he's not a worrier just says to feed her more. Thanks if you read all of this any advice/experience is so appreciated!!

Re: Very worried DD flu/weight

• Options
    I'm sorry your worried. Do you think there's a chance the scales are calibrated differently? If they are in different doctors offices you could be comparing inconsistent numbers worrying for nothing? Just a thought. Good luck!
    4/13/12--1st u/s. IDENTICAL TRIPLETS (?!?) PAIF and SAIF welcome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Can you do a weighed feeding with a LC or even at the Pedi's office? With LO eating that long and not gaining well I would wonder about your supply or LO's milk transfer. But it could also just be bc LO is sick.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageTJ1979:
    Can you do a weighed feeding with a LC or even at the Pedi's office? With LO eating that long and not gaining well I would wonder about your supply or LO's milk transfer. But it could also just be bc LO is sick.

I'm really hoping a lot of it just has to do with her being sick! I was thinking about doing that in 34 days.

We were in a different office so I'm hoping the scale could be slightly off too. When I get back home go to our pedi there I will ask for a lactation consult reference if things aren't picking up!

Thank you all so much for your advice!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"