July 2013 Moms

Good-Bye 32C Bras, Hello...

34DD!!!  Just got sized at Victoria's Secret today and it came out with 34DD.  I almost cried!  I didn't think they carried DD but they did so I bought two new bras so I can stop trying to squeeze my boobs into my very unsupportive pre-pregnancy bras.  I knew my boobs were going to grow, but I figured a cup size at most.  Not two in just two months!  BTDT Moms please tell me this stops!  Good bras are expensive and I don't want to buy more until I need nursing bras.

In other news, Motherhood Maternity makes me feel fantastic!  I am a size small in everything in their store which is quite the image booster for me since I've been feeling bloated and huge lately.  I even fit into XS but didn't like the fabric of the jeans.  Btw, the one at my mall is having a pretty good sale.  I bought a pair of jeans, a Packers t-shirt, and a some cocoa butter for just $30. 

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

Re: Good-Bye 32C Bras, Hello...

• I went from a C to a D during my last pregnancy. My bras started to get a bit tight at 36 weeks and I delivered at 37 weeks so I never needed a bigger size. I did go to a DD when my milk came in and then back to a D when I stopped breastfeeding.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I also hope it stops eventually! I went from 38D to DDD and am pretty close to having to move to E (as told by the helpful clerk at Thyme Maternity when I got fitted 2 weeks ago). This is just insane!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLivvyKH:
    I think Victoria's Secret inflates sizes. I got measured there once and they said I was a b cup. I am an A everywhere else and I barely need a bra. I'd guess I'm a small b now. 

I thought so, too, so I actually grabbed D cups at first, but was spilling out of those.  The lady said I could do 36D and it would probably work, but I found a couple 34DDs that I liked and just sucked it up and bought those.  They fit amazingly!  I actually have support and comfort now.  It's a nice change. 

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• That was me with DS. 32B to 36F. Now I am a solid 32 BC again. With this LO, I am still in the same bra and minimal discomfort. Nothing like that first baby to wreak [in a very awesome mama way] havok on your girls.
  • I was a 34B Pre-DS and a 36D for the first few months after. I settled into 34C and that's where i am now.  I don't grow during pregnancy, just when the milk comes in. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Hello 36DDD, ugh Fiance loves it I don't! I am lucky that my bra's are made out of a streachy material instead of padded so I still fit into my loose bras. I am going to hate bra shopping. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I went up 2-3 cup sizes and 1 band size total during my first pregnancy. I think after the first ~20 weeks my boobs stayed about the same until after birth.

I'm still wearing my pre-pregancy bra that was a little bit big before pregnancy. I'm starting to spill out of it now. I'm thinking maybe second pregnancy the change won't be as drastic (hopefully).

DD1: Maya 05/10
    DD2: Lucia (Lucy) 07/13
  • imageautumnmahler:
    I had to go bra shopping too- I was already in JCP and decided to check out their selection and was really happy with what I found. I got 4 really nice bras- no underwire/pushup/super padding, and they were only $7 each. Now, I'm not sure if they will last as long as a bra from Victoria's Secret, but I didn't want to spend that not knowing how long I would be in these bras. So if anybody is looking, go check out your local JCP clearance rack!

I kind of wish I'd gone to JCP before I went to VS, honestly.  I found those $7 bras and they were actually nice, but after spending a good hour trying on literally every style of bra that VS has and really feeling the quality difference I couldn't bring myself to buying one.  I've never really owned a quality bra before so I wish I hadn't done it and could still be content with my nice, cheap (and yet surprisingly long lasting) bras.  Ah well.  I'm told having the extra support is good for the girlies.  I'll spoil myself for the next 6.5 months then go back to my cheap ways. 

• Started at 34C. While pregnant became 34 D. While nursing I was a 34 F, but an F is too hard to find so I'd wear a 36 E. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageXles10:
    Started at 34C. While pregnant became 34 D. While nursing I was a 34 F, but an F is too hard to find so I'd wear a 36 E. 

Eek!  This is what I'm afraid of!  Did you go back down? 

• I'm going bra shopping this Saturday, and I can't wait. I usually wear a D, but I'm bursting out of those. I think I'm 1-2 sizes up now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've moved sizes a lot with all my pregnancies, I don't even bother getting sized anymore!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image Mom to 4, pregnant with 2
  • imageJCWhitey:

imageautumnmahler:
    I had to go bra shopping too- I was already in JCP and decided to check out their selection and was really happy with what I found. I got 4 really nice bras- no underwire/pushup/super padding, and they were only $7 each. Now, I'm not sure if they will last as long as a bra from Victoria's Secret, but I didn't want to spend that not knowing how long I would be in these bras. So if anybody is looking, go check out your local JCP clearance rack!

I kind of wish I'd gone to JCP before I went to VS, honestly.  I found those $7 bras and they were actually nice, but after spending a good hour trying on literally every style of bra that VS has and really feeling the quality difference I couldn't bring myself to buying one.  I've never really owned a quality bra before so I wish I hadn't done it and could still be content with my nice, cheap (and yet surprisingly long lasting) bras.  Ah well.  I'm told having the extra support is good for the girlies.  I'll spoil myself for the next 6.5 months then go back to my cheap ways. 

Im sorry, but LOL at VS being "quality". They look and feel great until you wash them. Then the elastic starts to fray, the wires poke out, and the band stretches. When they became super popular ~10 years ago, their quality went to sh!t. If you want actual quality, return the VS bras and go to Nordstrom. They will fit you properly (which VS rarely does) and get you some actual high-quality undergarments for not much more than you paid at VS. And they will last you the rest of your life, or until you grow out of them.  

• imageXles10:
    Started at 34C. While pregnant became 34 D. While nursing I was a 34 F, but an F is too hard to find so I'd wear a 36 E.nbsp;
    I'm already a 34H, spending 150 to 200 on bras. If I get any bigger I'm going to have to resort to sleep bras. I'm very thankfull that I haven't grown much yet!
  • I started off a 36C, and I'm probably a D at this point, but haven't bought new bras. Since I wasn't eating much at first, while I've gained a couple of pounds, it's all boobs/belly, so the bands on my bras are actually a little big, even though the cups are too small. I think a trip to Target is in my future...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemeltoine:

Im sorry, but LOL at VS being "quality". They look and feel great until you wash them. Then the elastic starts to fray, the wires poke out, and the band stretches. When they became super popular ~10 years ago, their quality went to sh!t. If you want actual quality, return the VS bras and go to Nordstrom. They will fit you properly (which VS rarely does) and get you some actual high-quality undergarments for not much more than you paid at VS. And they will last you the rest of your life, or until you grow out of them.  

Darn.  Too bad there are no Nordstroms for over 300 miles.  I'm not about to drive that far to just get a bra.  Plus $60-70 for a bra versus $30 per bra seems like enough of a price difference for a bra I'm hoping I won't have to wear long.  So, I'm happy with these.  

Besides, since I've never, ever machine washed a bra in my life I don't see this being an issue.  I've had nothing but cheap bra from places like TJ Maxx my whole life and my average bra life-span is 2-3 years before I naturally stretch it out.  This is words of wisdom given to me by my grandmother when I was 10: ALWAYS hand wash your bras.  And, even better, words of wisdom from Hedwig and the Angry Itch: Never put a bra in the dryer!  It WARPS!

• I got a couple "genie bras" in size large and they are amazing. So so so comfortable.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageJCWhitey:

imageautumnmahler:

I hand wash and dry flat too. They still fall apart.  

• Ugggh! Im so jealous! I never get boobage! Feel free to send some this way to the itty bitty titty committee.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am jealous!! My boobs refuse to grow pregnant or not pregnant. Just enjoying my B cup...DH said he was mildly disappointed when they did not grow last time haha...
    Pregnancy Ticker BFP-12/5/10; MC 1/11/11 BFP-8/24/11; C-Section 39 weeks 4/27/12 Baby Amelia!! BFP-11/3/12; EDD 7/4/13 Grow baby Grow!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"