September 2012 Moms
Options

GTKY: 2013

Obviously we all had a "big" year in 2012, so, besides watching this LO grow, what are you looking forward to in 2013. A big birthday? Vacation? TTC another LO?

I'm pretty sure we are one and done (DH only wants one). I feel lame, but I have no big birthday or vacation plans. Really I just want to learn to like my current job or explore getting a new one.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GTKY: 2013

• Options
    Having pretty much the whole year off. Specifically the hot prairie summer, spent at the lake. Boom, all I need now is the bikini body.
    And watching my kids grow. Blah, blah, blah.

Mom to boy H - born September, 2012 and girl Z - born 2005. Wife to Gorgeous George. Slave to the man.

• Options
    imageallierhiana1:
    Planning a surprise party for DH 30th bday! Also excited for Os first birthday even tho it's so far away!

Oh, also flying to nj to see my favorite band.

Allie! Happy 2013 bestie!
    What band?

Mom to boy H - born September, 2012 and girl Z - born 2005. Wife to Gorgeous George. Slave to the man.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    As my maternity leave comes to an end I am most looking forward to summer break! I am excited for play dates and lazy mornings at the pool with DS. I also think it would be fun to take a family beach trip like we did when I was a kid. I loved running around with my cousins!

”text”image

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    2013 is my year. Besides looking forward to LO's milestones, I am looking forward to working on me. I have a half on St Patty's Day, hopefully a promotion in June, and planning a trip to Hawaii to visit our friends stationed there. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    imageallierhiana1:
    imagekatebyblow:
    Having pretty much the whole year off. Specifically the hot prairie summer, spent at the lake. Boom, all I need now is the bikini body.
    And watching my kids grow. Blah, blah, blah.

Girl I bet you are smokin in a bikini

Ha, thanks! I will when summer hits!
    Deftones?! Yep, I love you. What did you think of Koi No Yokan??!
    AHHH sorry I'm hijacking this thread. Happy 2013 S12!

• Options

imageFlamingemu:
    2013 is my year. Besides looking forward to LO's milestones, I am looking forward to working on me. I have a half on St Patty's Day, hopefully a promotion in June, and planning a trip to Hawaii to visit our friends stationed there. 

I've been super impressed by your IG treadmill posts. Keep it up!!

• Options
    In 2013 I'll be sending my first baby off to kindergarten. I also plan to get my second baby to sleep more than 4 hours at a time. Other that that, I've got nothing going on.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMainelyFoolish:
    In 2013 I'll be sending my first baby off to kindergarten. I also plan to get my second baby to sleep more than 4 hours at a time. Other that that, I've got nothing going on.

Amen sister. If you find the magica trick, lemme know ok?

• Options

imagejonesaj:
    We are doing a family Rugged Maniac 5K in April and the annual family cruise in June. I'm excited for both, just started training today and hope to have somewhat of a bikini body for the cruise as a result!

Is that a mud run? I should just Google it, right?

• Options
    My BFF got engaged over Xmas so that may happen in 2013, or at least the multitude of parties to be thrown by me.

Crap.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker< br > Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageallierhiana1:
    Planning a surprise party for DH 30th bday! Also excited for Os first birthday even tho it's so far away! Oh, also flying to nj to see my favorite band.

I know you are planning to GTG with the rest of us NJ moms .  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    A few big things. I'll be turning 30. I'm hoping MH will get a permanent government job. I really want to start writing regularly again. And I'm hoping our store continues to grow. Maybe I'll even be able to pay myself this year :P
  • Options
    imagejonesaj:
    imagetonir319:

imagejonesaj:
    We are doing a family Rugged Maniac 5K in April and the annual family cruise in June. I'm excited for both, just started training today and hope to have somewhat of a bikini body for the cruise as a result!

I thought about adding the link:  https://www.ruggedmaniac.com/home.html check it out!

That looks insane. In an awesome way! I'm kinda bummed there are none by me.

• Options
    imagetonir319:

imageMainelyFoolish:

Amen sister. If you find the magica trick, lemme know ok?

Tonight we're going to try letting DS cry ("extinction") the second time he wakes up overnight (a la Weissbluth and his Healthy Sleep Habits book). If DS goes to bed at 7 and wakes/eats at 11 or 12, he shouldn't need to eat again at 2 or 3, right? Everything I've read says a 4 month old should be able to sleep for a 6 hour stretch at a time. I think DS is just used to using us and the bottle to fall back asleep. Wish me luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We may ttc once Aidan is one. We would like to spend some time at the cottage. We are lame.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In 2013 I hope to become a stay at home mom, and TTC #2.
  • Options

imageallierhiana1:
    Planning a surprise party for DH 30th bday!

Woohoo- me, too! I'm excited for DH to finally join me in the dirty 30s. I robbed the cradle a bit...

We're also talking about putting our townhouse up for sale. We'll see how the market is in the spring, but I'd really like to buy our *big people house* if possible.

• Options
    imagejonesaj:
    imagejonesaj:
    imagetonir319:
    imagejonesaj:
    imagetonir319:

imagejonesaj:

I thought about adding the link:  https://www.ruggedmaniac.com/home.html check it out!

That looks insane. In an awesome way! I'm kinda bummed there are none by me.

I shall post a pic if I survive. Maybe they'll make it out to Michigan eventually.  There are others, tough mudder and what not that may be in your area?  

here toni

Yeah...That's what I thougt yours was. I'm considering it. I have commitment issues Wink If I commit, I will have to train.

• Options
    imageallierhiana1:
    Kate, I love KNY. Poltergeist is prob my new all time fav deft song. What'd u think?

I've only listened back to back twice. Deftones aren't my favorite and it's been like 6 years [?] since they've put out a record, so I didnt have high expectations. Needless to say I was more impressed than I thought I would be! Stand out tracks for me are swerve city and tempest. :]

• Options
    imageMrsAB1316:

imageallierhiana1:
    Planning a surprise party for DH 30th bday! Also excited for Os first birthday even tho it's so far away! Oh, also flying to nj to see my favorite band.

This. Where are they playing btw?  

Adiah Catherine ~ September 6, 2012

• Options
    I'm excited to enjoy being a mom to my DS, and enjoying all the new experiences that come with it. I think that's about it......but i'm excited nonetheless!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options

Wow, I was just going to type that I am excited to take both kids to the beach this summer, but I don't even know if beaches will be open this summer b/c of residual Sandy damage. Hmm that sucks. We haven't been on an actual vacation since summer 2010, so that would be nice!

• Options

Honestly... Nothing. I'm looking forward to a new year and watching Eric grow. But, we aren't TTC, no big trips, no huge birthdays, etc.

I guess I am sort of looking forward to getting a not-from-home full time job, but that comes with mixed emotions.

• Options

Thanks for posting this. It's nice to think about. 

2012 was pretty major with being PG, Russ graduating one program, leaving a job I loved, leaving friends and a town I loved, moving somewhere new, having the babe the day Russ started his PhD, and then y'all know the rest... ;)

Im just really looking forward to settling in to being a SAHM for the time being. Hoping to do a small beach trip this summer. And planning to get back into ballet class and back into some shape.

Adiah Catherine ~ September 6, 2012

• Options
    I turned 30 two weeks before DS was born so I am looking forward to celebrating with a trip to England this summer [to go back to the Castle I studied at in university for a reunion and to show DH.] We're also hoping to buy a bigger house!
  • Options
    imageallierhiana1:
    imagekristyandruss:
    imageMrsAB1316:

imageallierhiana1:

This. Where are they playing btw?  

Can't remember venue name but its in Montclair.

I'm not far from Montclair . About 30 miles .  keep us posted on your trip .  if you are in town long enough, I'd love to meet up!   

• Options
    I turn 20?! ha ha! hopefully getting my RN degree or at least most of it done and getting a new job. Happy new year!

Liam Dean | 09.11.12 | 6lbs 13oz

• Options
    We are hoping to sell one house and buy another, pay down some debt, enjoy watching both girls grow, and hopefully getting a full nights sleep again. Happy New Year ladies!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    imageorigamipoppy:
    I bought a house, got married, and had a baby in 2012. I have absolutely no plans for 2013 :]

Same here

Eta: I'm also excited about decorating this house.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to DH's new job and hopefully moving!!

ETA: and maaayyyybe start TTC number 2 in the fall...

Anniversary

• Options

In 2009 I reconnected with DH and we started dating. 

In 2010 we got engaged.

In 2011 we got married, got pregnant, had a loss.

In 2012 we got pregnant, moved across country, bought a new house and had a baby.

In 2013 we really ought to just take a freaking break...but my 40th is 3wks from tomorrow so there's that and then TTC again starting in May.

Hmmm...hopefully we'll have baby #2 in 2014, so maybe we'll just breathe and enjoy it all in 2015?? 

photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

imageangeleighhh:
    I turn 20?! ha ha! hopefully getting my RN degree or at least most of it done and getting a new job. Happy new year!

Getting started on my RN degree is my biggest goal next year as well.  I'm starting training to get my CNA in a couple of weeks, and then applying to nursing school in the fall after I take A&P again.  Are you going for your Associate or a BSN?

• Options
    This was a big year for us. We purchased a home, had a baby, purchased the land next to us...we need a break from business and plans. I just want to personalize our home this year, manage our money well, and keep my kids on a dependable schedule so life is organized.
    Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
  • Options

Our 3rd anniversary is in 2 weeks. I think instead of the "traditional" anniversary gifts, we're going to spring for a turntable so we can listen to records. We love the snap crackle pop you get from old school records.

I am really trying to get my photography business to a point where I can quit my day job and go full time and WAH. 

We are also trying to find DH a job in the Boston area so we can move back in the spring. 

No big vacation plans. We're trying to plan a long weekend of camping and hiking with siblings and cousins in the summer in New Hampshire. 

I turn 30 in October. Surprise

Met DH - Aug 2001 :: Married - Jan 2010 :: DD born - Sept 2012

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    imagebeh3e:

imageangeleighhh:

Getting started on my RN degree is my biggest goal next year as well.&nbsp; I'm starting training to get my CNA in a couple of weeks, and then applying to nursing school in the fall after I take A&amp;P again.&nbsp; Are you going for your Associate or a BSN?

I think my Bsn. you can get farther and better jobs... I think?

Liam Dean | 09.11.12 | 6lbs 13oz

• Options
    MOVING BACK TO THE STATES! And excited for my side of the family to meet Gabe. The ILs just left this morning after two and a half weeks (mom, dad, and brother). Also, before the Navy moves us, MH might have a chance to go to Australia for an exercise. If he does, I'll be making a trip to visit some friends in New Zealand, then going over to Australia to meet the ship. Also, I'll be getting a new car and soaking in everything that America has that Japan doesn't.
    Gabriel 09-11-2012 No dairy, egg, peanuts, tree nuts
    DSC_0803
    DH deployed since July 22
  • Options

Get a job!  One like I use to have...benefits..a sizable bonus check..stability!

...and hopefully start to get the house put together.  Get new carpet before LO starts crawling.  Hang some pictures on the wall.  

• Options
    imagetonir319:

Obviously we all had a "big" year in 2012, so, besides watching this LO grow, what are you looking forward to in 2013. A big birthday? Vacation? TTC another LO?

I'm pretty sure we are one and done (DH only wants one). I feel lame, but I have no big birthday or vacation plans. Really I just want to learn to like my current job or explore getting a new one.

we are trying to pay off the majority of our debt, so nothing to big planned for us. DH is hoping to land a new job so that would be awesome and I am excited to start a new job hopefully this April. I have one more interview but it seems like it is going to happen.

No TTC here, we may be one and done but we are waiting to decide. Wow our year sounds a little boring lol.

Orginal September 2012 Mom
    #1 Alice born 9/12 born after 2 1/2 years on infertility
    #2 Loss 12/15
    Ttc #3

• Options
    imageangeleighhh:
    imagebeh3e:

imageangeleighhh:

Getting started on my RN degree is my biggest goal next year as well.  I'm starting training to get my CNA in a couple of weeks, and then applying to nursing school in the fall after I take A&P again.  Are you going for your Associate or a BSN?

I think my Bsn. you can get farther and better jobs... I think?

Lol that's my understanding as well.  At the very least, you usually make more an hour, and it opens up management-type jobs.  I struggled figuring out which one I wanted to go with, because I could get my associate faster and get started working a decent job, but getting my BSN would only take just a little longer and make a big difference overall.

What's your game plan getting through nursing school with a LO?  I know I can do it, but I'm super scared of getting so caught up in the hell of nursing school that I won't be as attentive of a mommy as I could be.  It freaks me out.

• Options
    I know it's cliche, but I really want to get my health under control. I have diabetes and I eat like an idiot. My doctor told me I was lucky to not have any complications during pregnancy but it may not be so next time. So that's my big plan.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"