Breastfeeding

Feeding spacing from aug 12 board

Ds is almost 5 months old and gaining weight well.I am still feeding DS every 2 hours unless he happens to take a long nap. Most feedings throughout the day are 2 hours apart. He seems to get fussy about that time. Shouldn't we be spreading it out a little more by now?? When he is with the sitter and taking pumped milk in a bottle he will be fine waiting longer. Anywhere from 33.5 hours apart. Some people have said he may just smell me and get hungry. What do you guys think?

Re: Feeding spacing from aug 12 board

• I work 4 days a week but over my 3 day weekends, DS still eats every 2-3 hours. He rarely goes longer than 2 1/2 hours. I still go by the feed him when he's hungry rule. He tends to eat more frequently in the evenings too. At night I'm lucky if he goes 3 1/2 hours - we are nowhere close to sleeping through the night. From reading everyone's posts on this board and August 2012, I would say that every baby is different and keep doing what you're doing if it makes your LO happy. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That is helpful. Thanks. It seems like most of the parenting websites said feeding joule be every 34 hours at his age. I am glad to hear it is pretty normal for him to be eating so frequently still.
  • Loading the player...
  • My DS eats every 3-4 hours at daycare but with me he still does every 2-3.  I have noticed that he waits longer during the day on weekends and eats more frequently in the afternoon/evening time, so I think he has just developed a pre bedtime schedule that has nothing to do with the source.  Maybe your kiddo is similar.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Every baby is different, but I'm soundly of the belief that you should feed LO if they are hungry.  My LO is like yours.  He goes 2.5 to 3 hours at daycare but 1.5 to 2.5 with me.  I'm ok with that.  As long as it's not getting in the way of our family life and he's growing as he should why mess with what's working?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"