September 2012 Moms

A stupid ?, but seriously

How do you watch movies?! I see people writing that they watched a movie and I can't figure out for the life of me how this is happening... unless you are all watching them after LO goes to bed and in which case, never mind... I just wanna be asleep by that point.

So is LO around? Doing what? Is the movie happening in little chunks over the course of the day or a few nights? I've managed to watch one movie since she was born. I guess that's why I'm on here all day... I'm lacking for other entertainment. :/ 

I'm just curious how this is happening and how I can get in on the action. I'm assuming it's another case of "I can't wrap my brain around how it works and I'm making a simple little thing overly difficult."

Don't judge me. For real. 

Adiah Catherine ~ September 6, 2012

Re: A stupid ?, but seriously

• we usually just pop it in while hes asleep and when he wakes up we play with him and watch at the same time? it works i guess..

or it doesn't. because i hardly remember what the movies about. haha 

Liam Dean | 09.11.12 | 6lbs 13oz

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I sit on the couch or in bed, hold/nurse/cuddle LO, and watch the movie. It doesn't happen often now with a 2 year old [except for after he's in bed], but when I was on mat leave with DS1 I watched movies like all day long.
    ETA: correcting autocorrect.
  • Loading the player...
  • LO goes to bed around 7:30; I don't go down till 9 or 9:30. So we have been watching movies over the course of two nights. Or, if I'm not that into it, I'll tell DH to finish it after I go to bed.
  • imagekegallagh:
    I sit on the couch or in bed, hold/nurse/cuddle LO, and watch the movie. It doesn't happen often now with a 2 year old [except for after he's on bed], but when I was on mat leave with DS1 I watched movies like all day long.

This is what we do. My 2 year old will sometimes cuddle with us and fall asleep. Its the only way I can get him down for a nap.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;</style>
  • imageBookelly:
    LO goes to bed around 7:30; I don't go down till 9 or 9:30. So we have been watching movies over the course of two nights. Or, if I'm not that into it, I'll tell DH to finish it after I go to bed.

This, except I stay up until 10 p.m. and do a dream feed.

• We are watching a movie right now. It is one I've seen so I don't have to follow so closely. I've played with LO while the movie is on. When she gets fussy, we either pause it to console her or just turn it off and finish it later. We do the same thing with tv shows we recorded. 

2.0 is on the way! EDD: 2/24/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We watch movies all the time around here. While she nurses or plays in her bouncy seat, we'll watch a movie, or she'll sit in one of our laps and nap/play/nurse/etc. Same goes for Netflix. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Marian Abigail :: born 9-16-2012 via emergency C/S
    BFP on 11-14-2014, aiming for a VBAC

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Kristy, you bf, yes? One of my favorite aspects of BFing is that it is the best way to distract LO. I just let her nurse and doze and nurse while we watch. This coincides with her fussy time so it works well. If I tried to put her down first, she'd wake up, guaranteed.
  • I don't watch movies much, but I catch up on all my junk tv shows after the kids are sleeping. I am always tired, but I am so grateful to finally have "me" time in the day, that I will stay up late anyway to watch tv. It's usually 9-11ish pm.

• We haven't watched movies. We tried after E was sleeping, but I fell asleep.

If he were awake, he wouldn't want to sit and snuggle for that long. He is an active little man. I'd have to stand and bounce for the duration.  

• We watch a lot of movies. Its getting a little harder now days since Jason has found his voice. He is one loud guy :). Braidon has been sleeping a lot the last 2 months. He keeps getting colds and teething poor kid can't catch a break. Both our boys really like to snuggle in or get tummy time on our laps. Our older ones will also play with them on the floor while watching tv. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mason's a snuggler, so it isn't too hard for us. He also really likes his swing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I rarely find time to watch them either :(
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Okay so these are good to hear. I think it's gonna have to be an after she goes to sleep thing for us. I do BF but only in a quiet room and she is swaddled. After weeks of untreated reflux that my first pedi. swore was her teething at 6wks old she no longer comfort nurses, she nurses for about 5 mins every few hours and she is all business, there can be no distractions. So that leaves a lot of awake time every awake time. And at night it means she is done eating but def. not asleep yet so I just nurse her and burp her and then put her to sleep which way too long. If I came into the LR I think she'd just try to watch it.

She's super active as other posters have mentioned and I don't think she's cuddly (which I try not to be sad about). We don't cuddle, we stair at each other and play I guess.  

So I tried to watch a movie last night and with all of 9 mins left I turned it off and went and passed out. 1030 was just too late for me on new years eve, I'm that cool. 

Adiah Catherine ~ September 6, 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"