July 2013 Moms

Apparently our board is "Crazy"

I was lurking on June 13 since I'm so close to a June DD it's a huge possibility I will have a June baby. Anyway, this is the second time I've noticed them talking about us and saying how crazy we are. I actually really enjoy this board, I find it pretty low-key with bits of crazy thrown in every now and then for fun. I don't want to start anything but hate that this board I've grown fond of is being made fun of. Not cool!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Apparently our board is "Crazy"

• I randomly lurk on other boards just to see what topics come up and I noticed the same thing! I find it amusing that even here, women find ways to be mean little bitches to each other. Pathetic.
  • There have been some really, really ridiculous threads on our board. Don't completely blame them.

TTC since Aug 2011. BFP #1 on 10/28/2011 EDD of 07/02/2012 Natural MC on 11/22/2012  BFP #2 on 10/28/2012  EDD of 7/13/13  Judah Ari born on 7/11/13.

I love my rainbow baby!

• Loading the player...
  • imageJellybean902:
    There have been some really, really ridiculous threads on our board. Don't completely blame them.

Agreed. We're all a little crazy and pregnant. I'm sure they have some over there too. They're not trying to be hateful... Just having a laugh.
  • imagekaylakim:
    I was lurking on June 13 since I'm so close to a June DD it's a huge possibility I will have a June baby. Anyway, this is the second time I've noticed them talking about us and saying how crazy we are. I actually really enjoy this board, I find it pretty low-key with bits of crazy thrown in every now and then for fun. I don't want to start anything but hate that this board I've grown fond of is being made fun of. Not cool!

Link, please? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Their board must be pretty boring then. I think there are crazy people wherever you go. Most of us just want to be the best mom we can be and so what if that clouds our judgement every once in a while?! I have always believed that no question is a dumb question, until I came on the bump. Yea, i've seen some pretty silly questions, but I laugh to myself and move on. I don't ridicule people. Anyway, i'm pretty happy with our board too. Most are very nice and easy to get along with. I'm pretty good at ignoring the negative nancys now.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• em if their board is all puppies and rainbows good for them... we like real discussion, disagreement and people over here. No group of people will get along all the time, their "crazy" days are coming and then I'm just going to sit back and laugh at all the holier than thou individuals who think they are so perfect.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagehappilymarried052111:
    imageJellybean902:
    There have been some really, really ridiculous threads on our board. Don't completely blame them.

Agreed. We're all a little crazy and pregnant. I'm sure they have some over there too. They're not trying to be hateful... Just having a laugh.

I wouldn't blame pg. This board is nuts but it is probably the only reason I've stuck around. Nothing personal to anyone in particular but a lot of times BMBs can really get to PgALers and we just need to step back and stick to PgAL. 90 percent of the time I want to with this board but then I remember the entertaining crazies and I just have to stick around, LOL.

• I fully admit I'm part of the problem. I just have a hard time keeping quiet sometimes and most if the time like last night I'm only in it for fun. I don't ALWAYS antagonize people. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • imageluvmyducks:
    imagehappilymarried052111:
    imageJellybean902:

I wouldn't blame pg. This board is nuts but it is probably the only reason I've stuck around. Nothing personal to anyone in particular but a lot of times BMBs can really get to PgALers and we just need to step back and stick to PgAL. 90 percent of the time I want to with this board but then I remember the entertaining crazies and I just have to stick around, LOL.

True... I've had and seen crazier moments when I was on TTC. Who wants bland anyway? Gotta love the MUD!
  • imageJellybean902:

Very true.
    I have a WTEWYE app, and if you want to see crazy just venture over there. I don't like generalizing but there are a lot of first time moms...pretty young, most with shtty BF and dysfunctional lives. It makes our board pretty tame. The real weirdos usually don't linger the whole 9 months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• imagekathleen02:
    imageJellybean902:
    Very true. I have a WTEWYE app, and if you want to see crazy just venture over there. I don't like generalizing but there are a lot of first time moms...pretty young, most with shtty BF and dysfunctional lives. It makes our board pretty tame. The real weirdos usually don't linger the whole 9 months.

I think it's because we don't suffer fools lightly.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • I haven't checked out other boards, but I'm very thankful for this board!  I'm a first time mommy, so to get on here and see that there are other people with the same symptoms as me, makes me feel so much more comfortable.  I don't comment much, but I get lots of great ideas, and like I said, feel relief to know there's nothing wrong with me... everyone is going through the same stuff!  Love this board!
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • They're just jealous they have never played with hair dryers and purring cats. I wonder if any of them swing?

July 13. Making June 13 look boring since Fall 2012.
  • I personally love this board! I think we all try to encourage each other and help if we can.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageChunkymonkeylvr:
    imageoh_maria:
    They're just jealous they have never played with hair dryers and purring cats. I wonder if any of them swing? July 13. Making June 13 look boring since Fall 2012.
    Lmfao! I even logged on my phone to show my appreciation of this post lol.

Aw thanks! And from the mobile bump too!  

• Or maybe there's just more crazies popping up over here.  
    BabyFruit Ticker image image
         Big M 7/11/11
          Little M 6/16/2013
                    Angel baby 5/17/2014          
  • I think we are completely sane especially compared to the first tri board. That's some crazy stuff over there.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageCheryl Renee:
    I haven't checked out other boards, but I'm very thankful for this board! nbsp;I'm a first time mommy, so to get on here and see that there are other people with the same symptoms as me, makes me feel so much more comfortable. nbsp;I don't comment much, but I get lots of great ideas, and like I said, feel relief to know there's nothing wrong with me... everyone is going through the same stuff! nbsp;Love this board!

Ditto!

imageimageimage

• imageoh_maria:
    They're just jealous they have never played with hair dryers and purring cats. I wonder if any of them swing? July 13. Making June 13 look boring since Fall 2012.

This is awesome. Love it! :) 

• I really, really enjoyed the poster who wrote "good luck with your four armed cyclops baby" or something to that humorous affect!

I feel like we should bust that phrase out on each other when we ask "crazy" questions. Like our own little J13 code.

• But, Cheetos!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Not sure why we should care what other people think of us...
  • I think our board is pretty tame. So tame, in fact, that I like to lurk around other boards to laugh at their drama. Either way, whatever, it's all in good fun. You can't take yourself or anything too seriously.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• imageNCC74656:
    imageJellybean902:
    This

Me too.  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Meh. I think it started with the huge fight over July 2012 giving advice and people freaked out.

I'm not too worried about it. I know I'm not crazy and anyone who has the time or energy to read other boards and start crap on purpose prob needs to get out of the house more. It's ridiculous.
    edit
  • I frequently think the people on this board are crazy. Between the incessant blog posts to update everyone on bullshit and the stupid questions, and the MUD too -- I would definitely say it's crazy. TTGP was pretty nutty too. 
    Oct. 2012: Clomid + Ovidrel = Baby A born 07.17.13 at 38 wks! 
    TTC #2 since Jan. 2014
    BFP#1 02/26/14 CP 02/28/14
    BFP#2 03/23/14 Stick Baby Stick!
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagepgermain11:
    I frequently think the people on this board are crazy. Between the incessant blog posts to update everyone on bullshit and the stupid questions, and the MUD too -- I would definitely say it's crazy. 

T.H.I.S! Yes

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageKdgTeacher:

imagepgermain11:
    I frequently think the people on this board are crazy. Between the incessant blog posts to update everyone on bullshit and the stupid questions, and the MUD too -- I would definitely say it's crazy. 

T.H.I.S! Yes

Thumbs up.
  • I'm gonna say the flaming still shocks me, but I like the honesty of our board. Also any try the babycenter boards. I lurked there the first 2 weeks I knew I was P and spent the whole time wondering when we stopped teaching girls basic health education. I then found thus board, lurked for a bit and then joined bc the flaming usually comes from a place of ensuring ppl have valid info worth trusting. I'll take it.
  • I like that our board has a... shall we say quirky? sense of humor. I don't mind the drama, since 99 of it is tongueincheek. When people have serious issues or questions, I've noticed that people give good, solid advice, and keep the drama out.

Also, Oh_Maria, you win the Internet today.
  • imageoh_maria:

Hahaha I'm pretty much brand new on here and I still know exactly which posts you are talking about. So funny!

• There is a lot of drama for the sake of drama here. I remember hearing the same thing about July 2010 when I was on June 2010. Something about July babies I guess! 
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageramy3695:

imageluvmyducks:
    imagehappilymarried052111:
    imageJellybean902:

Yes 

YesYes

• imageMrandMrsFireFighter:
    imageKdgTeacher:

imagepgermain11:

T.H.I.S! Yes

Thumbs up.

Yup. I'm going with this.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageStina2012:
    I really, really enjoyed the poster who wrote "good luck with your four armed cyclops baby" or something to that humorous affect!I feel like we should bust that phrase out on each other when we ask "crazy" questions. Like our own little J13 code.

I think a lot of the drama come from responses. The four armed cyclops baby thing was written to me, and I could had gotten all pissy and dramatic and stared cursing the person who said it, but I took it as funny and said thank goodness my mom knows how to knit.

Honestly, I like he dramatics. Otherwise, it gets boring.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• imageLiz4444:
    imageStina2012:
    I really, really enjoyed the poster who wrote "good luck with your four armed cyclops baby" or something to that humorous affect!I feel like we should bust that phrase out on each other when we ask "crazy" questions. Like our own little J13 code.

I think a lot of the drama come from responses. The four armed cyclops baby thing was written to me, and I could had gotten all pissy and dramatic and stared cursing the person who said it, but I took it as funny and said thank goodness my mom knows how to knit.

Honestly, I like he dramatics. Otherwise, it gets boring.

And that is why June 13 raves about us. They have no flair for the dramatic!
  • Dear July 2013,

I'm doing my daily lurking here ladies, but I just had to comment. Your board is so entertaining!! Hahah the blow drying your vagina post made me spill coffee all over myself earlier due to explosive laughter, so IMO we are more than justified in having a good giggle over the MUD. Keep it coming and feel free to visit our MUD one of these days and do some giggling at our boards expense. I personally chalk it up to an entertaining mix of hormones and boredom.

Love, June 2013
    TTC since 2004, Ectopic 2005, lost right tube. Multiple miscarriages. Baby girl born June 2013.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"