Breastfeeding
Options

Best manual pump

I have a Medela PIS that is 5 years old, works great that I have used for my older 2 girls when I went back to work and mostly EP'd for a few months before I stopped BFing them.  I am now a SAHM and DS is EBF and I don't pump as often as I had with my girls and find it to be a slight pain to bust out the pump and wash parts for the few times that I do pump just to relieve any engorgement and to have a small freezer stash in case I need to be away from DS for any longer than 2 hours.

I was thinking it would be nice to have a small manual pump for the times that DS may only nurse from 1 side or times that I don't want to mess with getting out the double electric one I have.  Are there any recommendations?  I haven't done any research at all yet on them.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
'Til He returns, or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I stand.

Re: Best manual pump

• Options
    I have a medela harmony that I like...it fits the same parts bottles as other medela pumps and has the twophase expression. If you decide to go with this one, be sure to check Amazon. I got mine for 27 with frer shipping vs. 44 at my local Target.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Love 06/2005 | Marriage 05/28/2011 | Baby! Peanut born on his due date, 9/30/12 Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I 2nd the medela harmony, i love mine. I feel like it works really well and sometimes better than the electric.
    6 & 2 year old, 2 losses
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a Lanisoh and it works fine, but I have nothing to compare it to.  it was like $25 on amazon I think.

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I have Medela Harmony also and I like it - though I have nothing else to compare it with.  I like the 2-phase pumping, and it's small and not too many parts to wash at all.  
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • Options
    Another vote for the Medela Harmony.  I also have an electric for when I am at work, but use the Harmony at home in those rare occasions where one side didn't get drained or he sleeps too long and I need relief.  Works great, easy to clean.  with coupons & sales, got if for about $25 at BRU.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Medela Harmony. I like it better than my PISA for occasional pumping. Plus, the pieces are interchangeable, it's small for travel, and it is quick and easy. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"