Stay at Home Moms

This is a pointless post.

I F*#&%*G HATE carpet. HATE IT. DH and I are house hunting right now and so help me god I will NOT move into a house with carpet. It grosses me out so freaking much. We're in an apartment right now and its nice, but it has carpet. I steam clean them every monday and vacuum them everyday and still feel like they're nasty. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: This is a pointless post.

• I have't steamed ours since we moved in 5 years ago.  They were also new when we moved in (or after we moved in) I should say.
  • I hate carpet too. But you know if a house has carpet you can just replace it with wood floors, right? I wouldn't walk away from the perfect house over flooring.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree
    Gabriel 11/04/09 Vincent 9/17/11 Grace 8/02/13
  • imageQueSyrah:
    I hate carpet too. But you know if a house has carpet you can just replace it with wood floors, right? I wouldn't walk away from the perfect house over flooring.

Ditto.  We have like 15 year old nasty, mismatched carpet in our house when we moved in.  We had it replaced when we moved in and put wood laminate in the entry, kitchen and dining (dining was carpet prior).
    Also, the basement here is laminate.  WTF?!  Who does that in a basement in freezing ass cold ND?

• imageQueSyrah:
    I hate carpet too. But you know if a house has carpet you can just replace it with wood floors, right? I wouldn't walk away from the perfect house over flooring.

oh what I said was misleading. I'd BUY a house with carpet, I just wouldn't move into it until we replaced it. lol
  • On that same not- DH and I FOUND the perfect house a few days before our cruise. I was ready to put in the offer but DH wanted to wait until we got home. 

When we came back from the cruise it had sold. =( =( =( I was broken hearted. 
  • imageAliciaS1411:
    On that same not- DH and I FOUND the perfect house a few days before our cruise. I was ready to put in the offer but DH wanted to wait until we got home. 

When we came back from the cruise it had sold. =( =( =( I was broken hearted. 

That is heartbreaking :( I have to admit, I have never heard of anyone steam cleaning their carpet once a week. That would never happen in our house.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We are the opposite. We're getting ready to move into a house with no real carpet downstairs and plan to add new carpet :P Hardwood floors are cold and they (at least mine) always look dirtier than they really are ;)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"