August 2013 Moms

Special due dates

My EDD is August 6. That was my grandma's (mom's side) birthday. My grandma was such a kindhearted, caring, hard working woman who never met a stranger. She passed away a few years ago is missed very much. We are happy that our little one may be born on such a special day for our family.

Does anyone else have an EDD on a special/meaningful day?

Re: Special due dates

• DH is a Christmas baby, DD was born on the 4th of July, so it would be kind of cool if this baby had a special birthday.  My mom's anniversary is 8/15 and my first nephew's birthday is 8/6.  We are due 8/17, so we will see.
  • My due date is my moms birthday!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • Loading the player...
  • My due date is my 1 year wedding anniversary, We kind of hope baby comes on his/her own special day.

• This is maybe a little different, but my due date (8/19) is "Day of Hope"--it's a day to talk about m/c, stillbirth, and infant loss. I don't actually care whether or not I deliver on that day, but seeing that date in my signature means a lot to me, especially given my loss history. 
    BFP #1 and m/c on 10/24/2010 ~6wks
    BFP #2 07/12/2012 (EDD 03/23/13); m/c 07/28/12
    BFP #3 12/05/2012 (EDD 08/19/2013); baby girl born 08/09!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imageAlicia1111:

My due date is my 1 year wedding anniversary, We kind of hope baby comes on his/her own special day.

Yes that's true too. :)  Little ones do like to feel special on their birthday so sharing it with another event may be hard for them to understand and accept.

• imageSwittyMcGee:
    This is maybe a little different, but my due date (8/19) is "Day of Hope"--it's a day to talk about m/c, stillbirth, and infant loss. I don't actually care whether or not I deliver on that day, but seeing that date in my signature means a lot to me, especially given my loss history. 

I hadn't heard of the "Day of Hope" before. It certainly is a special day! T & P to you that this is your sticky baby!

• Mine is my father in laws birthday :
  • I'm due on my parents 41st wedding anniversary!
  • imageSwittyMcGee:
    This is maybe a little different, but my due date 8/19 is "Day of Hope"it's a day to talk about m/c, stillbirth, and infant loss. I don't actually care whether or not I deliver on that day, but seeing that date in my signature means a lot to me, especially given my loss history.nbsp;

Wow that is amazing!

My situation is a little different too. According to my LMP my due date is 8/17 but when I had my first US I was measuring a week behind. Meaning my new due date will be the same due date of my angel baby.

I truly believe this is a sign...I really need this rainbow baby!
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • A very dear friend of the family, like another grandfather, is dying very quickly and his birthday is August 13. Two weeks to the day before my due date, but his daughter is convinced I am having him reincarnated. If I were to go early, I think that would be kind of nice. But I am convinced I will be late.
  • Not a special date but this will be the first birthday in August on both sides of our family!  So that is kind of cool. We pretty much cover all other months other than August. Our little one will be e first. Smile

• I am due on my daughter's 2nd birthday.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageCaliforniaDream87:
    imageSwittyMcGee:
    This is maybe a little different, but my due date 8/19 is "Day of Hope"it's a day to talk about m/c, stillbirth, and infant loss. I don't actually care whether or not I deliver on that day, but seeing that date in my signature means a lot to me, especially given my loss history.nbsp;

Wow that is amazing!

My situation is a little different too. According to my LMP my due date is 8/17 but when I had my first US I was measuring a week behind. Meaning my new due date will be the same due date of my angel baby.

I truly believe this is a sign...I really need this rainbow baby!

Oh wow! That is very special! All the best T and P for you that this is your rainbow baby!!
  • My EDD is 8/15 and that's 10 days after my birthday! We have our first doc appointment on 1/9 so we'll see if the date changes!
    BFP #1 - 12/7/2012 - EDD 8/14/2013 - DD born 8/17/2013
    BFP #2 - 3/31/2014 - EDD 12/6/2014 - Natural miscarriage on 4/28/2014
    BFP #3 - 8/4/2014 - EDD 4/12/2015 - Chemical Pregnancy discovered on 8/13/2014

• Well, the day isn't exact, but I'm due pretty close to the day we found out about my Dad's duodenal cancer 7 years ago. He was given a less than 1% chance of surviving the entire process, and came out of it healthier than he had been in years. I'm also an August baby (August 29th), so it's kinda cool we'll both be in the same birth month. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
  • My due date is Aug 19th, was originally Aug 8th. 

In my family my gpa is 8/10, mine is 8/11, uncle's is 8/12, and SIL's is 8/13.

I'm really hoping my baby adds another day in a row on!! :D How cool would that be?? 

• In our family we have "Birthday Season" both my DH and I and both of our kids are born within 33 days of each other. It's kind of fun, even though it wasn't planned that way initially. But this baby was very planned to fit into birthday season. : I was originally due in June, which would have worked too, but m/c. Luckily we got preg with this bean right after so it'll still fit into birthday season. Kind of silly, but kind of fun!

I'm due 8/18 but DS said he wants baby to come on 8/23. Since I was 10d past due with my last, he may get his wish. Either way, this babe will finish off birthday season for our family!
    DS 5.5 years old. DD 3.5 years old. Jellybean EDD 8/18/13.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"